I can't believe there is a chicken forum. And I'm a member :/

We started with 13 pullet chicks & 2 cockerel chicks 2 years ago.....now they are all grown up......oh ya ... the bator has 198 chicken eggs & 22 duck eggs....oh ya and we have a total of 15 ducks & 2 goslings.......OH YA it's a tad addictive.
lau.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from Ontario,Canada

welcome-byc.gif
from Hawaii!

I thought we should get 4 hens, then read they do not lay 7 eggs a week always so decided I better get 6 so somebody could always be taking a day off from egg laying. 6 weeks later I was sure half of them were roosters. I realized by then that I loved chickens so ordered day old chicks. Figured the chances are 1 or 2 could die in shipping, 1 or 2 could be roosters...so I ordered 10. All were hens, all lived, all lay eggs regularly.. 16 hens. lol
Now the crazy person that I am...I am going to try to hatch a big batch of fertile eggs this summer. I dunno what happened??
Chicken math?

Quote:
I wanted 5 and got talked into 10. now that they are tripping over each other in the dog cage, I am reciting to myself how right I was to want 5 in hopes that I won't get sucked in. and yet, here I am.. showing off pictures of them. If I could only hold to that small bit of sanity..

Quote:
and reading that list of other animals in your house makes me thing you are a bit of a sucker for a furry or feathered friend!

Back
Top Bottom