I can't figure out if I have baby Roos or Pullets?!?! Newbie needs help! *Picture Heavy*

sunnysc

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
I have been stalking this website for months now since getting our first set of babies. Love all the information!!! So, I thought I had our chicks figured out but now I'm not so sure...Please help me figure these babies out! We have 7 now (lost 1 baby on Easter Sunday to a brave hawk that sat beside the run and waited for a baby to come pecking along)...5 Barred Plymouth Rocks & 2 Easter Eggers. (or so I think!) Thanks for all your help! FYI...my 8 year old and 2 year old sons named them! :) They are all about 3 months old. Maybe older? I could use some help on that, too!

1. "Jaws"

2. "Al"bert Pujols

3. Amelia Bedelia

4. Mohawk (I'll try to get a better picture of Mo later...he/she's hard to catch!)

5. Speedy

6. Pepper

7. Curious George (Georgia?)

Thanks for your help with these babies! We are just hoping to have at least 3 girls and keep 1 boy but we are already getting quite attached! :)

Kevin565

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Dec 22, 2009
I don't raise chickens so I can't be of help but

SkylaSilkie

Chirping
7 Years
May 20, 2012
Florida
My Coop
I think Jaws,Al bert Pujols,Amelia Bedelia,Pepper,Georgia are Rocks (i have a rock of my own).Speedy may be a rooster cornish game mix of some kind. Mohawk may be a girl cornish game but if she doesnt fly so good then she may not be, but that depends if you clip their wings.

sunnysc

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
That's what we have been thinking too. I have learned a lot on here already! So any idea of how soon we should start looking for other homes for a rooster or two? I imagine they may start fighting badly over only 3 girls?

Top Bottom