I can't figure out if I have baby Roos or Pullets?!?! Newbie needs help! *Picture Heavy*

sunnysc

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
I have been stalking this website for months now since getting our first set of babies. Love all the information!!! So, I thought I had our chicks figured out but now I'm not so sure...Please help me figure these babies out! We have 7 now (lost 1 baby on Easter Sunday to a brave hawk that sat beside the run and waited for a baby to come pecking along)...5 Barred Plymouth Rocks & 2 Easter Eggers. (or so I think!) Thanks for all your help! FYI...my 8 year old and 2 year old sons named them! :) They are all about 3 months old. Maybe older? I could use some help on that, too!

1. "Jaws"

2. "Al"bert Pujols

3. Amelia Bedelia

4. Mohawk (I'll try to get a better picture of Mo later...he/she's hard to catch!)

5. Speedy

6. Pepper

7. Curious George (Georgia?)

Thanks for your help with these babies! We are just hoping to have at least 3 girls and keep 1 boy but we are already getting quite attached! :)

I don't raise chickens so I can't be of help but
WelcometoBYC.gif

I think Jaws,Al bert Pujols,Amelia Bedelia,Pepper,Georgia are Rocks (i have a rock of my own).Speedy may be a rooster cornish game mix of some kind. Mohawk may be a girl cornish game but if she doesnt fly so good then she may not be, but that depends if you clip their wings.
jumpy.gif

That's what we have been thinking too. I have learned a lot on here already! So any idea of how soon we should start looking for other homes for a rooster or two? I imagine they may start fighting badly over only 3 girls?

Back
Top Bottom