i can't get over her!

gottaloveanimal

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2016
orange CA
there is this horse i found online and i just fell in love with her but the owner took her down and didn't want to sell her but i feel like i have to meaning in life since i heard the news my parent where even gonna but her so how do i get over her i feel like i can't and i just have to have her and keep earning money (i'm 11 almost 12) and she is 6k so i have to get maybe 8k to get her to sell her to me cause she changed her mind so if i offer more money it's more likely i can get her but i still feel like i'm missing he in my life and i have not even seen her in person!!!! what do i do try to get her or just get over her!!?!!?

I'm not trying to sound rude, but if someone doesn't want to sell their animal, there isn't much you can do about it. And, if you're 11, how do you plan to come up with such a large amount of money? Are you sure your parents receptive to taking on the responsibility of a horse? I ask because their expense doesn't just stop at the purchase price and I'm assuming, since your so young, that you don't have a reliable, steady source of income. There's feed, tack, vet care, farriers, ect. Do you have adequate space and shelter for such an animal? Time? Patience if it has to be trained?

I was 11 once, and I was impulsive. I would see something I just HAD to have, it was a bummer when I didn't get my way, but when I did it was usually a passing fancy. Perhaps the fact that her owner took her down is just a sign that it isn't meant to be.

How could you get over it? Volunteer to help out with barn chores at a neighbor or family members farm, or perhaps do some research to see if there are any horse rescues in your area. Not only would you get your horse fix, but you'd be helping out your community and the animals that live in it.

Just a little food for thought...

Last edited:
fl.gif
I was lucky my daughter learned that owning a horse cost more than purchasing one, as is with ALL animals. It's not the cost of the animal but the care & maintenance. Vet bills are the hardest to deal with.

howfunkyisurchicken makes a very good suggestion with your parents approval......Volunteer to help out with barn chores at a neighbor or family members farm, or perhaps do some research to see if there are any horse rescues in your area. Not only would you get your horse fix, but you'd be helping out your community and the animals that live in it.

What my daughter did was volunteer to clean stables, she went every day during the summer (I drove her) 7 days a week, no matter what the weather conditions were. She got noticed for her dedication, in a short time some of the owners allowed her to exercise their horses in the area, take their horses out on the trails. They coached her & taught her, she learned. Once school started after homework, back to the stables and this went on for couple of years.

At one point she was then entrusted with the care of a pregnant mare, unfortunately was in school when she gave birth but then had the foal & mare to care for. Few months later the owner decided to sell the mare & foal, it was the last time she went to the stables. We did drive up to the property the pair went to, it was beautiful pasture and my daughter was good.

When we moved to San Diego, she found a small outfit that gave trail rides, took her to check it out and she volunteered to clean stables. They took her up on it, again I drove her (50mi each way) everyday. The owner then invited her to go on trail rides to help out, she had a blast. But one thing she did learn it's very expensive owning a horse, she learned RESPONSIBILITY.

Back
Top Bottom