I can't make a decent dunky egg. Please help!!!

We call them dippy eggs.

I use butter, fry them and flip them for just long enough to lightly cook the other side. I like hot liquid yolks.

Personally, I eat my dippies 2 ways. Some days I'll mash them all up and put them on toast. Some days I'll dunk my toast in the hot yolks, then chop up the remainder and add it to toast. Both ways are yummy. My kids and DH LOVEEEEE my dippy eggs
big_smile.png
I don't brown eggs but VERY rarely. The edges I mean, my eggs are usually nice and white.
lol.png

Yep, searched the thread cause my yolks were breaking more than w/ store bought eggs. Did mine in oil and butter, and a lid no flip. Turned out perfect.

I like mine on top of toast, but I also dip toast in the yolks, then eat the rest.

i have this wierd thing about runny eggs.. i just cant do it.. my conceince wont let me eat them.. idk y.. but i do like a fried hard eggs
smile.png
but not burnt.. ALMOST runny.. but still solid.. kinda like a jello. i do the oil thing to just so i dont end up scrambling the egg.. once the oil does its job then i flip so i dot get egg everywhere.. mmm with some tortilla and some sour cream and bacon and some green tabasco.. oooooo YUM!

I'm sitting here eating my delicious over medium eggs as I read this. My eggs must be fried in bacon grease. I even save the leftover grease for when I don't want to fry up the bacon or if I run out of bacon. ( The good stuff is expensive!) Anyway, I like to take the white and dip into the yolk. I rarely break a yolk when cracking or cooking. When I crack the egg, I just hit it gently on the side of the pan and then take my thumbnail and poke thru the membrane and then the shell opens easily over the pan. I also like my scrambled eggs cooked in bacon grease! Add some country style red potatoes (cooked in bacon grease, of course!) and Yummy! This is a really heavy breakfast for me, so I usually only have it once every week or two.

Elizabeth

I was craving eggs for breakfast but didn't make any. I'm thinking there's a big Sunday breakfast on the menu tomorrow. It will be my first Sunday off in eons and I'm hoping my husband has it off too. He hasn't had a Sunday off in a month or so himself.

I'm not too big on runny eggs but once in a while they sound really good. I love poached eggs. I'm going to have to try a few of the methods in this thread. My hubby only eats farm fresh eggs...store bought don't fly with him. That's why we got chickens in the first place.

I just made 6 steamed eggs for a late lunch in my little egg steamer.
It's all thank to the folks posting here.

1195409413.jpg

Back
Top Bottom