I can't make a decent dunky egg. Please help!!!

Quote:
Ok, I know this post is from last month, but I made them this morning this way and they were great! I had to used veggie oil since that's all we had, but they were delicious. Im not letting my mom cook my eggs anymore!
tongue.png

Good to hear. Nothing like a good dunky egg. Mine have improved to.

I use olive oil, a little water, and don't flip the eggs.

Quote:
That is what I did too, I did use a spoon to scoop some of the oil on top though. I didnt forget the toast either! What else are you gonna dunk with?!
wink.png

Last edited:
We call 'em dippy eggs or "over easy" I fry them for my husband (I don't eat them that way) in lots of preheated butter. I think he likes the butter as much as the eggs. I have also fried them in bacon grease, but that tends to make them a much darker color, not so pretty.

So, how does everyone eat their dippy eggs? I like to eat all the white first, then I gently smash down on the yolk to release the yumminess. Then I cut the cooked part of the yolk into halves and savor that and THEN I "sop" up the runny part.

My DH eats the whites, carefully cutting aroung the yolk, then, when the whites are all trimmed away, he pops the whole yolk into his mouth.

Use half and half butter (unsalted) and olive oil in a non stick pan. The mixture keeps the butter from burning. (if the butter burns, the pan is too hot anyway)
(This,by the way, is the ONLY use I recommend for non stick pans.)

*tilt the pan a little so the eggs pool in a neatly shaped package in the corner instead of running all over the pan. Let them stay there until they set up.

*to turn the eggs tilt the pan again so they just gently lean from the spatula to the pan instead of flopping over from 2 or 3 inches, breaking the yolk.

*never salt the top of an egg you intend to flip. Salt weakens the the thin protein layer that keeps the yolk together. Save the salt for the table of just after you flip.

Back
Top Bottom