I can't make a decent dunky egg. Please help!!!

Quote:
gig.gif

My kids prefer the yolk firm - dunno where they get that from... but I cook it just the way they want it and they can't get enough - my little one was mad with ME yesterday cause we didn't have any more eggs - and she's the one who ATE the ones we HAD!
gig.gif

I made one just that way this morning. I have to admit I don't always get it right. Usually if I'm in a hurry I mess up. The one I did this morning I did like this: I took a small non-stick skillet and sprayed it with cooking spray. I waited until it was heated up (if I rush and put the egg into the pan too soon I almost always mess it up). I broke the egg into a small Pyrex dish and then added it to the hot pan. I have a favoite spatula that gets under the edge of the egg nicely. When the top of the white was still a little transparent I gently turned it and cooked it a short while longer. Slid it out onto my plate and dunked away with my toast. I all but licked the plate clean!

Ok you fry bacon in a non stick skillet then with a little of the bacon grease you fry your eggs and flip them when the white is solid on bottom then briefly fry them till done with a runny yolk. I isnt particularly good for you with the bacon grease and all, but what is good for you that is that enjoyable. Nothing can compare to the taste of eggs fried in bacon grease. Add some fresh homemade cathead biscuits and it will make you wanna go slap your mama! Except you Drumstick, you may not slap your mama!

As far as healthy goes, something will eventually kill you might as well enjoy the ride and go out with your boots on.

Randy

More good suggestions. Thank you all.

Cracking the eggs in a dish is a good idea. The thing is I usually break the yolk
because my shells and membranes are so thick I need to crack the egg open with
my finger.

I've tried olive oil and will do so again. Olive oil is really healthy raw but not
so healthy to cook with. This is per my mom, a Rachel Ray fan. I'd like to hit
Rachel in the face with a raw egg personally.

Deep fried chicken and dunky eggs at my house. Everyone's invited!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom