I can't put pics on my byc page

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by wendy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Help! I hope I am putting this in the right place too. But I created a byc page, I can't put pics on it. I tried awhile back and gave up. Trying again. Help!

I feel so dumb [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
  3. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I have the same problem and have not had time to try it again but someone told me on here they had problems and to use firefox to do I haven't downloaded that yet either so hope when I do I can put pictures on my page also..I don't know if anyone else had problems and have not heard of any other solutions outside of what I just told you...they give the directions but they did not work for me..

4. On the BYC pages, it is different when putting an image in your page. You only need to copy the "URL" and not the entire .....[IMG] thing.

When you work with your page in the editor you look for the little "tree" thing (it is what it looks like) and this is the
    "insert image" tool from the tool bar above the editor.

You use this copy your URL in the box it brings up and you are done with that editing and you save the editor.

5. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Rimshoes... I need some help. I do all that you said above but the pic comes out with the description and the X. I can't figure this out. I was able to post one pic on My Page and can't seem to get another to load. I am coping the URL like is stated above. I really don't know what to do.[​IMG]

6. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I finally got it. It took days. [​IMG]

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:So, spill the beans and help anybody else that may be stuck. What were you doing before and what did you do differently this time?

8. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Well I was working on MY PAGE. I couldn't get a 2nd pic to work. I went back into Photobucket and made sure I selected the pic. A check mark above the link choices. Then I copied the 2nd choice. Its the one that says (direct link). Its not the HTML or the IMG code. I will go back and make sure I wrote this right. If I didn't, I will edit my text.
    I was using the third option. It says HTML code.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by