I can't say this enough

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
I recently picked up a copy of the new Practical Poultry magazine and it is so neat. It has loads of information. This month's issue has an article on Cohcin Bantam, Affordable hens, DIY hatch, incubation secrets explained. A great all -rounder? in search of the most useful pure breeds, New Roost moving with chickens.

Just a quick run down.
Happy Heritage is an article about heritage breeds of turkeys. hands on approach, safe roosting,
Poultry Keepers A-Z is the letter F this month. Facial swelling , Faverolles, Favus, Feathered legged , Feather pecking, Feathers as an aid to sexing, Fecuntdity, Fertility , Fibre, Field house, and some others. Just some short paragraphs explaining lots of useful stuff.
Poultry Q&A's, Goose Moult, Using Lime, Egg eating.
Hybrid Vs. Pure Breed part two.

Next month:
Ancona Buying guide, Brooding basics, Space exploration? , Meet the Godborg, Build your own brooder. The Godborg is a brand new, crested large fowl, I can't wait to see it.

This magazine is expensive at $7.50 a copy but worth getting and sharing. Since many of us can't afford this, the information can be shared here as I have done for a couple of postsings. I just wish I could type faster and better. It's takes me forever as I have to keep backspacing and deleting.
hmm.png

But we have an excellent mag here stateside with Back Yard Poultry magazine as well. With a yearly subscription price $21, it's worth it. I learn alot.

Am I trying to sell these yes, but not for the reason you think. Because not everyone here can afford $7.50 a pop for a magazine and the information those who can afford them learn, can be shared here with all of us who can't remember everything we read.

Good garden o' peas, the other night a phone rang on the tele and I picked up the house phone and said Hello, hello! My wife is still laughing over that one.
See my point?

Always the Best

Rancher

This is what you can do. If you have a local bookstore or better yet a Christian bookstore ask them to stock it for you. If they don't know how to contact the publisher, send me their information and I will. Their address, e-mail and phone. I can also contact them and see if it can be made available on line. I do know they follow this site as I have read editorials where the only way they could have gotten this information is by following this site. So I know we are international.
Always the best
Rancher

I wonder how many have read this posting and not left any message as to whether they have seen theses periodicals. If not many that would explain alot of the problems people are having.

I just ordered a back issue of the Practical Poultry issue introducing the Godborg breed of chicken. Thanks for the heads-up on this excellent resource.

Back
Top Bottom