I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

Yeah, this is the 2nd one that got away. Last year I trapped one right by the coop and he escaped. That's why we had to 'repair' The trap. I caught the action on a trail cam back then & was totally floored at what I saw! Wish I still had the pics - they got scrubbed when laptop went in for service.

Will definitely back that sucker up against something solid. Brace the sides too. That one coon might be trap shy now, but I can always try for another coon. Will place it somewhere new. No doubt there's more out there!

MUAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA I found him!

Look at that shot! THe arrow got so tangled up in the swamp veins that he did not go to far! We just found him about 10 min ago... It can be hard to walk though swamp veins

Aw yeah!!! Awesome shot! Good going redneck!
highfive.gif
We appreciate the pic & the effort it took to get it! I've got a better setup for my coon tonite. Do coons like beef soup bones? I'm out of sardines. Still got mini marshmallows, but he might be wise to it. Might be wise on the trap too, but maybe a buddy will come along.

Beaty shot redneck! I bet that stuff is nasty down there!!

I bet theyd go after the beef bone, topped with mini mellows itd be hard to resist and ya never know maybe the escape will come back knowing he can escape after an easy meal....

Aw yeah!!! Awesome shot! Good going redneck! :highfive:  We appreciate the pic & the effort it took to get it! I've got a better setup for my coon tonite. Do coons like beef soup bones? I'm out of sardines. Still got mini marshmallows, but he might be wise to it. Might be wise on the trap too, but maybe a buddy will come along.

That might work but if you wanna know my secret!? It's dog kibble! Works every time! There was two coon that were there when I shot mine an that other coon wanted the dog kibble so bad it came back an eat the hole pile of dog food!!!! (An if you poor a little water on the dog food it will have a stronger sent an I GUARANTEE that if that coon is still coming to your coop he WILL go into there for the wet dog food it works great!

I'm finding it a little disturbing that I'm enjoying this thread so much. I do a little jig when I hear one of you got another coon. I've only gotten 2, plus one mama possum (that had 3 babies in her pouch) - so each of us is doing our part to put a tiny dent in this "pest" infestation we all have. Go Y'ALL!!!!!
woot.gif

Wow! It's great to have some support for hunting varmints that are a threat to our poultry!

Don't be disturbed, (I used to feel weird about it, being a woman) hunting runs in the blood of our distant ancestors. It's natural, but I think we have been conditioned otherwise with the growth of industry & factory farming. Those who live in the country & have livestock, know its either them (varmints), or their stock. It's up to each of us how we choose to deal with it. I don't think hunting is wrong & I don't think Fort Knox style poultry keeping is wrong either. We all have our own comfort zones. I used to be squeamish about guns & hunting, but since moving out here & raising chickens, I feel I've evolved. (I'm sure others might think I've gone primal!) It's all a matter of practicality for me now. In some ways I do feel bad for the animal I have to shoot, but I know I would feel worse if it got any of my birds. It's not blood-lust when we cheer each other on, it's in knowing we support each other to get the job done & done well. I take pride in getting that shot that helps the animal reach death quickly with a minimum of suffering. I don't think I know a single hunter who would enjoy watching any animal suffer. I would not place myself on the same level as someone who would, that's for sure!

Sorry for the ramble - sometimes I feel the need to justify what I do & hope others learn to be more understanding if they don't agree.

Back
Top Bottom