I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

I used to live where coons would come up and eat the cat food right by the door, even with the porch light on. My Dad and I would sit out and shoot them from the back window of the house. We nailed a big momma coon who had 7 well grown kits, almost mature enough to be on their own. After nailing her with our .22 we dragged the corpse around and made sure blood was trailed around the parimeter of the property. We never saw hide nor hair of those kits after that. They are horrible beasts and very very destructive, if not to live stock, then to property.

Love the arrow. Nice shot!

I'm with you on the "no relocation" policy. They know where the food is and they will return to it. My flock will be protected!

ty ty

I totally agree! Bravo!
ty ty
Yep, been there too! They just chew thru those wires & you wouldn't believe how small a space they can get out of! Caught it all on my trail cam - too bad pics got erased, or I would have posted them.
yeah they are really smart..thats why I didnt get the hav a heart. I didnt want to risk a coon chewing through it & messing it up They are expensive too!!!
I used to live where coons would come up and eat the cat food right by the door, even with the porch light on. My Dad and I would sit out and shoot them from the back window of the house. We nailed a big momma coon who had 7 well grown kits, almost mature enough to be on their own. After nailing her with our .22 we dragged the corpse around and made sure blood was trailed around the parimeter of the property. We never saw hide nor hair of those kits after that. They are horrible beasts and very very destructive, if not to live stock, then to property.

I hate racoons !!! We caught a total of 7 I got the mom dad & 5 kits
ep.gif

Good for you! Coons that come around during daylight may have other...issues...I don't believe in relocation either...my live traps are only to hold them til I get there....may have too look into the traps you used...! There are people who buy coon pelts too..
;)

Good for you! Coons that come around during daylight may have other...issues...I don't believe in relocation either...my live traps are only to hold them til I get there....may have too look into the traps you used...! There are people who buy coon pelts too..
wink.png

I cant touch it let alone skin them myself LMAO!!!! Yeah theres Duke traps are so easy to use.

Talk to a taxidermist, they can tell you what to do with the pelts. Out of season though, be careful, you could get in trouble. Most seasons are in November through March.

True trapping is a fall/ winter season....but in ny, we can't transport any of them caught in a trap. They must be killed or released at the site of capture, and, well, releasing them back out so they can try again won't happen. I hunt too...so skinning isn't a problem!!

Talk to a taxidermist, they can tell you what to do with the pelts.  Out of season though, be careful, you could get in trouble.  Most seasons are in November through March.

True trapping is a fall/ winter season....but in ny, we can't transport any of them caught in a trap. They must be killed or released at the site of capture, and, well, releasing them back out so they can try again won't happen. I hunt too...so skinning isn't a problem!!

ahh I see well I will just offer it to a friend he needs the money so I can help a.guy out I guess

Being a trapper myself these dog proofs will catch other animals. They catch cats, skunks, possums, mice, and squirrels to name a few. to help you avoid non targeted animals I recommend a sweet bait. fishy baits gives a better chance at catching these other animals. This is just an FYI because somebody said they don't catch cats & that is totally wrong.

Being a trapper myself these dog proofs will catch other animals. They catch cats, skunks, possums, mice, and squirrels to name a few. to help you avoid non targeted animals I recommend a sweet bait. fishy baits gives a better chance at catching these other animals. This is just an FYI because somebody said they don't catch cats & that is totally wrong.
Thank you for the clarification... I was just getting ready to ask what keeps them from catching a cat. I have yet to find a bait that at least one of my cats won't go after so I guess I'll stick with the Hav-A-Hart.

Relocating... Illegal in most if not all states. And apart from the possibility of passing your problem to somebody else, there is also the possibility that you could be spreading a disease. Like rabies which can take a long time to show symptoms. So thank you for not relocating the nasty things!

Back
Top Bottom