I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

I was looking at adding a layer of hardware cloth on top of the chicken wire today. I have not been keeping them out at night since they are only 2 weeks old. I just lost track of time watching a movie with the wife and when I went out to check the coons had already done their damage. I should not need more than 2 feet of height on the hard ware cloth correct?

I agree.. we have had an influx of coons here even seeing them in the daytime out in the open .. well this morning I heard on the local news that a couple town over were having terrible problems with coons and have even had to remove entire families of coons from inside city folks home, well guess what animal control stated on the news what they were doing with them.. you got it they are relocating them out in the country away from town, they will be getting a call from me this morning, my dogs will kill them so they are not helping the coon plus city coons have a different diet than or country coons they will most likely starve before they find food source they are use to.

Its odd.because the law states you cant relocate but yet animal contol can. Hopefully they are just saying that but destroy them anyway.

can you catch a fox in one of these traps?? or do they just work for coons? I figure if you catch a cat? I've got a fox problem and I'm trying to figure out how to get him without getting local dogs/cats/other wildlife.

can you catch a fox in one of these traps?? or do they just work for coons? I figure if you catch a cat? I've got a fox problem and I'm trying to figure out how to get him without getting local dogs/cats/other wildlife.
In the Duke's Dog Proof Coon traps? I doubt it. I don't think their 'hands' are dexterous enough like a coons are.

ETA: 'Dog Proof Coon'

Last edited:
Stretch a hot wire 6 to 8 inches off the ground. Get a good fence charger that sends out 1 joule. These are also known as a 25 mile fence. Make sure you do the research and install the hotwire properly. Hot wires are like septic lines. Few people put them in properly. That is why they often give trouble. When you get the hot wire up, every coon, skunk and possum will leave and never come back. And, dogs for sure do not like them either. Properly hot wires are maintenance free and operate at a very low cost of only a couple dollars per month.

Back
Top Bottom