I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

Sounds like that t.v. show....what's it called? The guy who catches critters with his bare (or gloved) hands? That's some live action right there! I loved that show. Very interesting to see how he gets those critters.

THE TURTLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the turtle man!!!!!!! Yeyeyeyeyeyeyeye live action!!!!! That's where I got the idea from!!! :p ;) ya the turtle man is awesome! I actually watch a episode where he sits in a chicken coop an waits till a fox bust in an boom he caught it!!! It was crazy!!!! Plus the chicken coop had a Sumatra chicken in it! How cool is that!?!!

I think maybe it was a deer or coyote. He wouldn't go after a cougar (pretty rare around here). He's never seen one & would probably run home instead. He did that once when a pack of a dozen coyotes (we're talking the big eastern variety) came running across the forest line, just 50 yards from the house! Think they were running down a deer. Yeah, Jake was pretty spooked, running towards me & watching his back! I'll never forget that sight!

Almost time to rebait the trap! Should've saved him some pizza from dinner, lol!

An interesting thread. I personally like the bow and arrow solution; either that or a hand grenade. But that makes too much of a mess, and wastes a lotta meat!
Speaking of meat:

"

Coon - Meal In A Bag*
Sent in by Charlie Barrett.

~ 1 cleaned raccoon
~ 8 medium Irish(red) potatoes, peeled and cubed
~ 3 lb bag baby carrots
~ 2 large onions, sliced into 1/2" slices
~ 4 bell peppers, diced
~ 4 medium turnips, quartered
~ 1 can cream of mushroom soup
~ 1 1/2 cups water
~ 2 oz Morton's Natures Seasoning
~ 1 large baking bag, turkey size
~ electric roasting oven with liner

Place coon in the baking bag. Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers and turnips.

Mix the soup and water together in a bowl. Add to bag.

Sprinkle on the Morton's seasoning evenly as possible.

Seal bag.

Put 1 gallon of water in the roaster to make a water bath.

Place the bag in the liner and place in roaster.

Cook for 6 - 8 hours at 250 degrees.

Serve and enjoy.

* You can cook this in the oven if you don't have a roaster. Adjust cooking time

accordingly for an oven.

*From BackwoodsBound.com

An interesting thread. I personally like the bow and arrow solution; either that or a hand grenade. But that makes too much of a mess, and wastes a lotta meat!
Speaking of meat:

"

Coon - Meal In A Bag*
Sent in by Charlie Barrett.

~ 1 cleaned raccoon
~ 8 medium Irish(red) potatoes, peeled and cubed
~ 3 lb bag baby carrots
~ 2 large onions, sliced into 1/2" slices
~ 4 bell peppers, diced
~ 4 medium turnips, quartered
~ 1 can cream of mushroom soup
~ 1 1/2 cups water
~ 2 oz Morton's Natures Seasoning
~ 1 large baking bag, turkey size
~ electric roasting oven with liner

Place coon in the baking bag. Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers and turnips.

Mix the soup and water together in a bowl. Add to bag.

Sprinkle on the Morton's seasoning evenly as possible.

Seal bag.

Put 1 gallon of water in the roaster to make a water bath.

Place the bag in the liner and place in roaster.

Cook for 6 - 8 hours at 250 degrees.

Serve and enjoy.

* You can cook this in the oven if you don't have a roaster. Adjust cooking time

accordingly for an oven.

*From BackwoodsBound.com

Before you go and Try it make sure you remove all the Kernals or scent glands. If not they can be a touch strong..

Here we par boil them and skim of the fat after cooling, then cook them until the meat pulls from the bone.. Debone and run through a smoker and or a oven with BBQ Sauce.. We usually Cook about 30-40 In June.

Good Stuff.

Woke up at 6 am to this. I think salmon did the trick!

Was legal shooting time, so used my Marlin .22 XT loaded with CCI Stingers. Love that ammo. One shot & its quick.

Here's Jake my #1 dog. He's now learned what nasty critters these are! Coon was on his back sleeping until Jake showed up. Coon went on the attack & Jake went nuts trying to get at it. Live action, LOL! Yay, Jake! I called him off as it wasn't going to do him any good. It was a female coon about 20 lbs. I know there's a big boar around too. Hope I can get him!

Back
Top Bottom