I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

Woke up at 6 am to this. I think salmon did the trick! Was legal shooting time, so used my Marlin .22 XT loaded with CCI Stingers. Love that ammo. One shot & its quick. Here's Jake my #1 dog. He's now learned what nasty critters these are! Coon was on his back sleeping until Jake showed up. Coon went on the attack & Jake went nuts trying to get at it. Live action, LOL! Yay, Jake! I called him off as it wasn't going to do him any good. It was a female coon about 20 lbs. I know there's a big boar around too. Hope I can get him!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! You go jake!

What's it taste like?

Now that you got your coon give the recipe a shot takes pics & tell how it tasted LOL......
lau.gif

Woke up at 6 am to this. I think salmon did the trick!

Was legal shooting time, so used my Marlin .22 XT loaded with CCI Stingers. Love that ammo. One shot & its quick.

Here's Jake my #1 dog. He's now learned what nasty critters these are! Coon was on his back sleeping until Jake showed up. Coon went on the attack & Jake went nuts trying to get at it. Live action, LOL! Yay, Jake! I called him off as it wasn't going to do him any good. It was a female coon about 20 lbs. I know there's a big boar around too. Hope I can get him!

YAY Jake congrats on getting the nasty critter. Now to get the boar!! You might also have a bunch of kits around too...

Woke up at 6 am to this. I think salmon did the trick!

Was legal shooting time, so used my Marlin .22 XT loaded with CCI Stingers. Love that ammo. One shot & its quick.

Here's Jake my #1 dog. He's now learned what nasty critters these are! Coon was on his back sleeping until Jake showed up. Coon went on the attack & Jake went nuts trying to get at it. Live action, LOL! Yay, Jake! I called him off as it wasn't going to do him any good. It was a female coon about 20 lbs. I know there's a big boar around too. Hope I can get him!

WoooHooo!!!!!! way to get it done! that coon wasn't going to escape!

A year ago we wrapped our coop and pen in electric wire, top to bottom. Every night we close the door to the coop, hook the loop, flip the switch and that's that. We have two strands at the bottom, around each window and up the sides. Haven't seen a raccoon in over a year. We tried relocating, but it was a daily job.

I pray you check the traps often often often and kill as quick as possible. Coons are only trying to survive and so many people with anger toward them. I have also killed(live rural,use gun) and will investigate this trap but it looks as if it could harm an innocent "just passing thru" critter.

I pray you check the traps often often often and kill as quick as possible. Coons are only trying to survive and so many people with anger toward them. I have also killed(live rural,use gun) and will investigate this trap but it looks as if it could harm an innocent "just passing thru" critter.
Absolutely! I've said before & I'll reiterate, I don't condone the suffering of any animal. She was having a peaceful sleep before my dog sniffed her out. Then it was bang & done! If you're talking about the cage trap pictured, no harm done. If the neighbour's cat was in it, I'd just release it. It would be fine.

Ronnie, are you talking about trap in the pic? If so, its a Havahart live trap. You can sometimes get a 2 trap deal (one smaller one with it) on them for $40 at TSC. It is NOT well made. You must brace it against something solid (like concrete in my pic.), particularly at the back. I didn't even repair it from the last escape 2 nights ago. Heavy objects on top (large bucket filled with water) & T posts on the side keep it securely in place. Make sure you have enough room on that one side to help activate the mechanism that trips the trap. One of the T posts I had was too tight against that long bar, so I just wiggled the post loose a bit. Once tested, I was ready to bait! I use a long dowel/stick to push the can of bait to the very back.

Back
Top Bottom