I caught a raccoon & another & another ***GRAPHIC PICS*** pic heavy

She made it through the night but now another dilemma . Look what I caught last night I have never dealt with something like this. I not sure how to deal with it without getting spayed
sickbyc.gif

you could throw a towel or tarp over it then use whatever you have to dispatch it, but if you have a .22 or small caliber rifle a shot to the head should take it out quick and may or may not spray. my buddy is a trapper and he says its a 50/50 chance when he happens to catch one. Good luck and it sure has a good looking pelt!!!

Yeah, I was going to mention that too, about the pelt. Nice observation Chad! I was going to say something along those lines of a blanket thrown over it. But what then? Could there be a better outcome than a 50/50 chance it'll spray after being shot? Tricky situation! Being this thread is about coons though, folks might not pick up on it & offer assistance. It's why I suggested keirys start a new thread more specific to the problem.

Last edited:
A properly placed brain shot with a .22 will usually take care of them without them spraying. You may get a little "leakage" but not a full defensive spray.

I've dispatched 2 past week and brain/spine shot both no spray. Also here is my 3 year olds first dispatch. He was so excited saying "They won't eat your ducks no more Daddy!
jy2yvu9u.jpg
"

Farmers only worry during the growing season, but towns people worry all the time.

Back
Top Bottom