I caught my husband sleeping with TWO chicks!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Katie Jo, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Katie Jo

Katie Jo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    Lol....on any other forum, you'd almost be able to hear the gasps.....
    [​IMG]

I think they really like him!!
    [​IMG]

The chicks discovered a hole in the side of the box....it's provided countless hours of entertainment for us AND the chicks!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it for now. They're lucky they're so cute, otherwise they'd be in the garage by now from the smell. They sure are stinky little buggers!!

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    awe, sweet!

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    What great pictures! I love the first one, they look so comfortable snuggled down on his chest.

We put holes in our boxes so our chicks can look out also. You are right, it's so much fun to watch them stick their heads out and then you get a rush where several are trying at the same time - it's funny.[​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Very nice! DH is obviously a fellow bird lover!

I'd say the chicks have a "handle" on the box life!

5. Katie Jo

Aug 12, 2008
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    I wouldn't call him a bird "lover", more like a bird "tolerator"...lol. He's a good sport, though!

We LOVE watching the chicks play peek-a-boo with the box holes. It's hysterical. They have to think it's pretty funny too, otherwise they probably wouldn't keep doing it. Another fun game to watch is "who can land on the side of the box first".....when all 13 of them try to fly up at the same time to land on the side of the box to perch...only one or two ever make it though!

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Very cute pics, love the one with two little peeps looking out!

7. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    AWE what is it about MEN and birds... my husband LOVES the chickens (but he would NEVER admit it) he went all crazy building things for them before he left in january..... hopefull he will be home next week!!! we need more things built for the burdies!!!

BTW your hubbs looks like a closet bird lover... dont tell him that you know his dark secret..... and those babies are TOO cute!!!! what kind are they?

8. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Watch it that's how it starts! Buff chicks are next!

9. Katie Jo

Aug 12, 2008
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    I suspected he might be a closet chicken lover....but he'd never admit it![​IMG]

The two chicks sitting on my hubby are EE's. I have 13 chicks right now....4EEs (one of which is an olive egger)...3 buff orps, 1 RIR, and 5 blue/black/barred rocks. So far, the EE's have the best personality....totally calm and sweet. As soon as you pick them up they're ready to cuddle. The other chicks.....not so much. The buff orps are demon spawns.

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That is so cute!! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by