I Corrected the Great Jack Hanna.. Hope He Isn't Mad! * Got a Reply*

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Watched a show of his in which a group of guineas was being chased across a field by a dog playfully. He said something about a "group of guinea hens".
ep.gif
Now, I expect more of the great Jack Hanna! No way he should be calling the entire species "guinea hens" so I emailed him, complimented him on his shows, then gently corrected him by telling him the proper term was guinea fowl, that only the females were hens, the males were cocks and no one could tell the sex of a group of them running in the distance like that, though I realize many folks make that mistake. Then, I of course, wished him a fabulous 2012. Hope he isn't mad! Sorry, couldn't let it slide from someone like Jack Hanna, of all people, who really should know this.
hide.gif

Last edited:
I guess thats like 95% of people saying they need to "worm" an animal. Why would you give an animal worms? I like to "deworm" my animals!
lau.gif
I also raise pea fowl, you really don't want to correct everybody who calls a hen a peacock because thats how you would spend all your time!

Back
Top Bottom