I could just march into the post office and beat someone down!

Quote:
They are going under a broody hen.
wink.png

I had a box of eggs that showed up on my front steps and the tracking info still said usps was waiting for the package. They hadn't even recorded that they had the package much less that it was crossing the country and being delivered to my door. I thought the person was waiting another week to send it out because of that. It took 4 more days after I got the package before the tracking info said delivered.
roll.png
I haven't had any real problems with usps but don't rely on their tracking system for anything.

I wouldn't worry too much about the cold so long as they aren't actually frozen (they usually crack if they freeze solid). I just set the first 2 eggs from my flock 4 days ago. 1 I'm not sure how old it is because I didn't know anyone was laying yet but I found it at the edge of the heat lamp. Otherwise it would have frozen solid in our below 0 temps. The other sat in the coop for half a day and I thought it might be frozen. I set them on the counter over night, put them in the incubator the next evening, and last night I saw tons of veins. Eggs surprisingly withstand temps quite well and many people regularly hatch eggs that have sat in their fridge for awhile.

wow that just stinks.
I am lucky....small local post office and the people are super friendly. I call and tell them to be on the lookout and call with eggs or chicks or whatever and they handle it very well for me. Never had a problem.

I'll tell you what they will do about it...absolutely NOTHING!!!! I had asked my P.O. the same thing repeatedly, and they never would. The carrier wouldn't even bring them to the house, he would hang them from the box in a plastic bag. Well last week, someone stole my box of eggs hanging on the mailbox. And that's what the P.O. here did...nothing. Except now my carrier has decided to be nice and call me to let me know I have a package. Finally!! After who knows how many boxes of eggs left on the post, in the rain, cold, whatever. They simply don't care. I hope your eggs are all right. I'm in South Central KY, near the Green River Lake, and it wasn't too awfully cold here today. It felt a lot colder than it was, with all that cold rain. I hope you have a covered porch, or it wasn't raining in your neck of the woods!

That is SOOOO infuriating!
somad.gif

Did you guys see the fairly recent thread about the "drive-by dropoff"?? The mail driver basically went by at about 20mph -didn't even STOP- and pitched a box of eggies out onto the asphalt!!! Smashed most of the eggs all to bits, how AWFUL... !!!!!!!

I hope your eggs are ok, it sounds like they have a really decent chance of hatching.
fl.gif

After my post office did a few drive by's( i mean dropping the boxes out the door as they went by). I decided to get a cheap P.O. Box that way they have to stay at the post office till I can get them. If you only get them occasionally its not worth it, but I get eggs every week so it is worth it for me. Im so sorry about the eggs, I would file a complaint with the postal service on this. They wont do anything but at least it gets your point across.

Back
Top Bottom