I couldn't find arm extensions ~ decided it was time for glasses

GaNewChick

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
McDonough, Ga.
Over the last 5 years my eyesight has gone really bad for seeing up close. I finally reached my end today and went for an eye exam.

Seeing distance ~ 20/20
Up close ~ 20/200
Getting bifocals for reading, writing, and seeing the computer

I was impressed with our new insurance, cost me $35.00. Ten for the exam, $25 for the lens, and insurance covered the $139 for the frames.

Anybody else go blind after 40?

*sigh*
sad.png

i dunna wanna talk about it.

Quote:
I'll be 50 next year. I hear, when you turn 50 ~ if it ain't falling off, its falling down.
wink.png

I am fast approaching that myself. They make spanx for that fallin down stuff.

barnie.gif
I just had to change the zoom on the computer to 150 percent today.... I swear , it's a conspiracy.... they are making the words smaller and smaller

When I was about 45 I tried to thread a needle after not having tried for several months. Suddenly it was almost impossible! I haven't had an eye exam, but DH and I started wearing reading glasses about the same time and have pairs all over the house.

My dad says he's blind in one eye, and can't see out the other.
He refuses to get glasses because he believes the myth that you'll become dependent on them and your eyesight will worsten because of them.

Guess nobody told him that his eyes are getting worse ANYWAY, so why not see clearly in the meantime??
tongue.png

I'm only 23 and even though I'm nearsighted, I have already noticed that I really appreciate good lighting when I'm trying to work on that itty bitty up close stuff.
hide.gif
I hope it doesn't get worse TOO fast!!!!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom