1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I couldn't find arm extensions ~ decided it was time for glasses

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by GaNewChick, Dec 14, 2009.

1. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Over the last 5 years my eyesight has gone really bad for seeing up close. I finally reached my end today and went for an eye exam.

Seeing distance ~ 20/20
    Up close ~ 20/200
    Getting bifocals for reading, writing, and seeing the computer

I was impressed with our new insurance, cost me $35.00. Ten for the exam, $25 for the lens, and insurance covered the $139 for the frames.

Anybody else go blind after 40?

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    *sigh* [​IMG]
    i dunna wanna talk about it.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Welcome to the over 40 club.

4. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Quote:I'll be 50 next year. I hear, when you turn 50 ~ if it ain't falling off, its falling down. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I'll be 50 next year. I hear, when you turn 50 ~ if it ain't falling off, its falling down. [​IMG]

I am fast approaching that myself. They make spanx for that fallin down stuff.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Been blind since 5th grade, getting worse as I get older. My vision is about 20/400 or worse. I can see up real close without any glasses, but need reading glasses for the computer screen.

7. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] I just had to change the zoom on the computer to 150 percent today.... I swear , it's a conspiracy.... they are making the words smaller and smaller

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    When I was about 45 I tried to thread a needle after not having tried for several months. Suddenly it was almost impossible! I haven't had an eye exam, but DH and I started wearing reading glasses about the same time and have pairs all over the house.

9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

My dad says he's blind in one eye, and can't see out the other.
    He refuses to get glasses because he believes the myth that you'll become dependent on them and your eyesight will worsten because of them.

Guess nobody told him that his eyes are getting worse ANYWAY, so why not see clearly in the meantime?? [​IMG]

I'm only 23 and even though I'm nearsighted, I have already noticed that I really appreciate good lighting when I'm trying to work on that itty bitty up close stuff.
    [​IMG] I hope it doesn't get worse TOO fast!!!![​IMG]

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Wearer of trifocals here......... I perch them on my head for beading.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by