I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Your bird should not have a problem with the cold. They pull their neck in and hunker down to cover their feet and stay warm. My roosters do well even when it is below zero. Make sure they have plenty of corn to eat and a full crop when they go to roost; that is when it gets cold ( below zero). As long as they have plenty of food and water, they will be just fine. Birds with single combs will suffer frost bite on their combs, that is the way it is- unless you put in a heat lamp. Even if they do suffer frost bite, the dead comb will fall off with no harm to the bird.

Tim

Purchased my first Pair of cream legbars today! Soooo excited!
You must be excited for sure! My Cream Legbar chicks arrive Wednesday morning. 3 cockerels and 1 pullet. May I ask where you got yours from? Good luck, I can't wait for mine to show, hope they are ok as they are only a few days old.

It is a cornish cross hybrid.

Tim
I love the colors. do you know exactly what you crossed ? I love hybrids.
My legbar roo made it through the winter in very good shape. I am currently collecting eggs to hatch. his ladies right now are 2 black polish and a splash frizzled cochin. I plan on setting them this week. I am hoping for barred polish and frizzled legbar hybrids.

Back
Top Bottom