I crossed a cream legbar with a ----- and this is what I got

Anyone cross a legbar with isbar? What does egg color do? What do they look like?
They will lay a range of colors of aquamarine shades. I have three little pullets. Two black and one blue/grey. They all are forming tiny crests. And the seller of the eggs told me they will grow up to have soft barring and either be black grey or cream copper barred in color. The mom was a cream legbar, the dad isbar. These are the best photos I have.

Attachments

• C1165F72-EC4E-4996-8F32-9D739A6AB4A4.jpeg
    C1165F72-EC4E-4996-8F32-9D739A6AB4A4.jpeg
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1E404B0D-ADC8-47A9-921F-37D3BD3AB999.jpeg
    1E404B0D-ADC8-47A9-921F-37D3BD3AB999.jpeg
    835.2 KB · Views: 22
You should try crossing him with a lightbrown colored hen. If you have any welsummers or light brown leghorns, those would be better than many breeds. I crossed my rooster with some rose combed light brown leghorn hens to work on a rose combed legbar. I will breed these back to legbars and just keep the best and breed from them over time. Here are a couple pics of my 'legbarhorns' (what I am calling these chicks)

I'm new to having chickens. We got our 1st batch in March. Later we got some clearance birds thinking they maybe something different then they were. As the got older we studied up on what they could be. Turns out we have some Wellsummers and some golden crele legbars. Well, now we noticed some of our Wellsummers have white ears but our golden creles don't. Could I have one of these mixes that you are talking about? And if so, how would I breed the Wellsummers out of them. My rooster is a golden crele legbar also.

I'm new to having chickens. We got our 1st batch in March. Later we got some clearance birds thinking they maybe something different then they were. As the got older we studied up on what they could be. Turns out we have some Wellsummers and some golden crele legbars. Well, now we noticed some of our Wellsummers have white ears but our golden creles don't. Could I have one of these mixes that you are talking about? And if so, how would I breed the Wellsummers out of them. My rooster is a golden crele legbar also.
Do you have pictures? Your hens with white earlobes could be brown leghorns.

I dont have a CCLB just a CLB. Im not a fan of the crest personally.

I know this is an old thread, but all Legbars have a crest, therefore adding "crest" in front of "Cream Legbar" is a redundancy. If your Cream Legbar does not have a crest, I'm fairly confident it is not a purebred Cream Legbar.

Again, just as far as I am aware. I've never heard of a non-crested Legbar of any color. If that's truly a thing, I had no idea. Info welcome, since I am hoping to apply for NPIP within the next year or so, and CL is one of my favorites.

Some of my buff orp and cream legbar crosses look like crested buff orpingtons you can see some darker feathers in the tail and wings but it's not a ton. If I were to cross one of these back to my buff orps would the crest stay?
What color eggs did this cross end up laying?

Some of my buff orp and cream legbar crosses look like crested buff orpingtons you can see some darker feathers in the tail and wings but it's not a ton. If I were to cross one of these back to my buff orps would the crest stay?
What color eggs did you end up with from this cross?

Back
Top Bottom