I.D. My chickens please?

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

You have Red Sex-Links.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

They may not be Buff Orps but they sure are lovely! Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Thank you all for the confirmation. They are 6 months old this month, when should i expect them to start laying? will they lay going into winter? i am still researching feeds through this forum, any suggestions as to what to feed them?
Also, my nutritionist wants me to eat as much omega 3 as i can, so for now i am buying omega 3 enriched eggs. When my girls start laying, how do you think i can incorporate omega 3 into their diet so i can get it? Thank you all!

Welcome. They look just like my Isa Browns, Angel and DammitJanet. They are lovely girls. Sweet and gentle and egg laying machines once they get going. Enjoy.

Isa Browns are one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and you're right, like all Red Sex Links, they are egg laying machines. :eek:)

may i ask how janet got her name? ha ha. that is funny.

Every time I would lean the brooder, she would either dump the waterer on the fresh shavings or she would poop directly in the feeder, like turn her fuzzy butt around in defiance and boom. Really, Janet, really? Dammit Janet!
he.gif
I just cleaned that.

Someone pointed out the reference to The Rocky Horror Picture Show too.

Back
Top Bottom