I didn’t even know she was on eggs-

Helanaii

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2013
- AND THEYRE HATCHING???!!!!
23111697-C60B-45C4-8475-BBCFCFC78124.jpeg

This is our FIRST official time hatching chicks you guys!!!!! And they’re already spoken for!!! I’m so happy!

I’ve been trying to break my broody hens from sitting on her stupid ceramic eggs because she’s been broody for TWO months and nothing worked… finally I just gave up and I’d try again at some point in July when I’d have time to physically be with her all day to keep her separated from laying everywhere that she could….

THREE days ago I went to go check on her (just had time for water and food changes) and holy cow she was sitting on a whole lotta eggs… that was a shock. I think my hens felt bad for her and gifted her their eggs- that or she was very determined 🤣
I only candled them once, and out of the 8, only 1 had the ring of death.
THE REST ARE NEARLY READY… holy COW that’s quick!
I didn’t have time to find the bad egg again and toss it, my dad and I had to carefully move her into a tiny cage into the garage (she’s now in my bathroom because of the ants.)

How often should I disturb her to try and hunt the egg down again??? She shuffled the eggs around and I don’t want her messing with chicks about to pip.. should I just wait until they’re done hatching to toss it?

- AND THEYRE HATCHING???!!!!
View attachment 3193524

This is our FIRST official time hatching chicks you guys!!!!! And they’re already spoken for!!! I’m so happy!

I’ve been trying to break my broody hens from sitting on her stupid ceramic eggs because she’s been broody for TWO months and nothing worked… finally I just gave up and I’d try again at some point in July when I’d have time to physically be with her all day to keep her separated from laying everywhere that she could….

THREE days ago I went to go check on her (just had time for water and food changes) and holy cow she was sitting on a whole lotta eggs… that was a shock. I think my hens felt bad for her and gifted her their eggs- that or she was very determined 🤣
I only candled them once, and out of the 8, only 1 had the ring of death.
THE REST ARE NEARLY READY… holy COW that’s quick!
I didn’t have time to find the bad egg again and toss it, my dad and I had to carefully move her into a tiny cage into the garage (she’s now in my bathroom because of the ants.)

How often should I disturb her to try and hunt the egg down again??? She shuffled the eggs around and I don’t want her messing with chicks about to pip.. should I just wait until they’re done hatching to toss it?
I'd just leave it until the chicks are all done hatching.

I candled one of the eggs (it was poking out so I took the opportunity-) and it’s growing vertical, it looks like she hadn’t turned it, but there’s also a peck in it and a slight crack… there are veins developed, think it’s worth keeping??

Back
Top Bottom