External Pip, Shell Didn’t Drop—Closed again?

Jojociita

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2023
I’m back! 🫣 Watching 12 late eggs from arduous hatches roll around actively in my “Lockdown Bator” for 8 days. No peeps, one single pip that I witnessed.

She pipped about 6 hours back and I watched it happen. She actually pipped right through the blue colored-pencil heart 🥲 Hoping that’s not foreshadowing 😅

She pushed up a small bit of shell to almost popping it off, but didn’t quite get there before the bator light turned on and she immediately snapped shut. you can still see the evidence of the pip in person, due to the chipping of the colored pencil (so i’m not seeing things.. which has happened— esp with cheap webcams and me at work…), but she’s been completely silent otherwise. She’ll rock ever so slowly if I talk to them (10/12 immediately pitch in one direction or another), but nothing more.

I understand they can access air through the shell while incubating, but once internally an externally pipped… if the shell is back here it started.. should i be worried? Not opening the lockdown bator because of the other 11 babes in there.. but I worry anyway. I’m trying to let them do their thing but they’re so SO slow. they’re already way past hatch, and if they didn’t have signs beforehand (or now, when I talk to them), they wouldn’t be in there. 🐣

I have a new clutch ready for lockdown in two days, and this is my one lockdown incubator I’ve made. If no one else (her included) has made progress, BUT they’re still visibly moving on their own… what then? Anything past 48 hours i’ve heard is dicey… we’re well past that. 😖🤞

Attachments

• IMG_3700.jpeg
    IMG_3700.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 23
What day are these eggs on? And, like the previous post, did you count the day you started as day one, or zero? Are they chicken eggs?
I would wait.

Back
Top Bottom