I do not like some people on craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If he really wants the hen, I don't think it's out of line to say "Hey, I'm still around and still would be interested in buying from you if you're up for it. But if I don't hear back from you in five days, I'll have to assume you're not interested and buy from someone else." That's giving her the benefit of the doubt, which is tactful. But if she still doesn't get in touch, then drop it.

Yes, definitely. But there is also a polite way of saying it. That of which you just stated.

I don't see what the big deal is. When I sell something on Craiglist, or even BYC, I either reply right away to the person or I expect that they do not want to buy from me. Failing to respond within a sensible amount of time is very disrespectful, IMO. Things do come up, and that is usually the reason I may not get back to someone right away, but I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone told me "Hey, I need to know if you still want to sell this or I will go somewhere else". It's common courtesy to let a buyer know whether he can still buy the item, or if it is no longer available. Failing to do so is quite rude!

M to the Max, you didn't do anything wrong. Unfortunately this person doesn't seem like they are interested in selling the birds advertised, so I would move on and find other birds. At this point, I would be leery of handing her over any money at all.

I am just going to ask Speckledhen to close the thread. If anyone has anything more to say to me pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom