I don’t know how I missed this so long !

Lori J

Songster
5 Years
Jun 18, 2017
So found a stealth nest from my new layers. I was messing around with that rain barrel this weekend, so it makes me think that this is from this week? it hasn’t rained in about a week what do you guys think? Do you toss your stealth eggs or not? I would think that putting them in warm water and see if they float would not work to see if these are good because these are obviously not very old, right?
D5FCB241-47D3-47D1-8028-3E9A82D131EA.jpeg

So found a stealth nest from my new layers. I was messing around with that rain barrel this weekend, so it makes me think that this is from this week? it hasn’t rained in about a week what do you guys think? Do you toss your stealth eggs or not? I would think that putting them in warm water and see if they float would not work to see if these are good because these are obviously not very old, right?View attachment 1906906
I would test them in water and also crack one open and see. Little buggers.

White breeds are the hens?.
Orpingtons. They are as big as my leg horn but they are laying tiny eggs. I assume they will get bigger in time but I don’t remember my leg horn’s laying small eggs at first

Orpingtons. They are as big as my leg horn but they are laying tiny eggs. I assume they will get bigger in time but I don’t remember my leg horn’s laying small eggs at first
One day you will find one of them sitting on a hidden nest

I pitch eggs with no dates available, especially in hot weather.
You could candle them, looking at the size of the air cells, or float them, or decide that six or seven eggs aren't worth the effort, and certainly aren't worth smelling a rotten egg, or eating a bad one.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom