I don’t know what this is?

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
So my one hen Blossom sometimes the tip in the back of her comb turns purple I’m not sure why it seems to come and go she acts fine and heathy once and awhile she’ll sneeze most likely when I’m throwing out scratch it has been like this for as long as I can remember she is a year old do you think she’s okay? I think she’s okay but I wanted to check

It can be common for some hens or roosters with large combs to turn dark on the tips and in the back. It can be normal with excitement or temperature changes. As long as it tends to pink up later, it is probably nothing serious. Sneezing can occur occasionally from dust or feed, or environmental causes.

As @Eggcessive says, it's normal for combs to change color. Combs can be mood indicators.

This is not to say that a comb that has turned dark purplish and remains that color is normal. A comb that turns dark and stays that way can indicate cardio-pulmonary issues.

Thanks everyone I will try to snap some pics it usually goes back to normal it seems to happen in excitement or stress again I’ll try to get some pics thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom