I dont know if my duck is malpositioned!!

Home made incubator. No humidity gauge but have a bowl of water in it and have been spraying often
I am afraid your humidity might have been too high.
Before you try this again make sure you get a humidity gauge and another couple of thermometers.

I am afraid your humidity might have been too high.
Before you try this again make sure you get a humidity gauge and another couple of thermometers.
What should I do for now? It's still alive in there. Do I poke a hole in the air sac just to see what the position is? I definitely will next time. The air sac looks great though. About a third of the egg

Yes up until it got too big. It was developing great. But now it's just so big it's just to dark to see through it
Does it stink?

Either way I think it's best if you just leave it alone.
If you try to open the egg now you will most likely kill it if it is still alive.

What should I do for now? It's still alive in there. Do I poke a hole in the air sac just to see what the position is? I definitely will next time. The air sac looks great though. About a third of the egg
No, I think it would be better to wait.

Welcome to BYC! When my duck eggs get a bruise like that it usually means they are upside down and that is where they are trying to pip.

If it were mine I would very carefully remove the shell where the bruise is and verify that the bill is there.

Of course there is a chance that the bruise is not the bill and removing the shell there from there might not end well if that's the case.

Welcome to BYC! When my duck eggs get a bruise like that it usually means they are upside down and that is where they are trying to pip.

If it were mine I would very carefully remove the shell where the bruise is and verify that the bill is there.

Of course there is a chance that the bruise is not the bill and removing the shell there from there might not end well if that's the case.
Thank you for the advice! What do you usually use when you do this? Can you tell me your technique? I'm so nervous!!

Back
Top Bottom