I dont know if my duck is malpositioned!!

It's hard to sit there and do nothing but if you don't know for sure it is better to just wait, I think.

What are you using to candle it with?
And are you doing it in a pitch black room when you do it?

Yes it is very hard but when I candled it last time which was yesterday I still saw veins so I'm way to nervous to poke any holes right now. I use a small but bright flashlight and yes I wait until night time and turn off the lights when I do it and it's very dark

Yes it is very hard but when I candled it last time which was yesterday I still saw veins so I'm way to nervous to poke any holes right now. I use a small but bright flashlight and yes I wait until night time and turn off the lights when I do it and it's very dark
:thumbsup

So I wanted to update everyone. I removed the part of egg covering the bruise and found the beak! He was moving around while I was doing it so I know he was still alive and definitely malpositioned. I made it so his beak and nostrils were free and able to get oxygen. I know I said this a million times but thank you to everyone who helped. I think we may have saved his life. I will post more updates when I have them. Hopefully I have a healthy baby duck in a day or two!!!

Excellent!! Great job!

Yes, he may still take a day or two to hatch, so proceed slowly. Try keeping the area around the hole moist with vaseline or coconut oil. (Vaseline lasts longer, in my opinion)
Watch for “yawning” motion and chewing. That means yolk absorption is still happening.

Once he’s ready, he should start trying the break the shell around the hole, and will start trying to stretch outward. You will likely have to continue to help, once he’s ready. But as long as the beak is in open air, he has a good chance!

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 15689347334402431425671572843724.jpg
    15689347334402431425671572843724.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 39
Are you using a store bought incubator or a home made one?
Also, do you have a humidity gauge in there?
If so...what has your humidity been at?

One last thing....never put a live egg in water unless you want to kill it.

Back
Top Bottom