I don't know polish crested chickens...

coltssuperbowl83

Songster
9 Years
Dec 17, 2010
Kingsville
Is it a hen or roo? I keep getting alternating answers. It is about five months old. Is always picked on. Tail feathers have been chronically picked off by the others. The feathers have never been allowed to grow in. Haven't heard it crow, try to mount a hen or lay an egg. No clue. I call it Honeybadger. It makes me sad because its always picked on and by itself. I told it I would be its friend, it has yet to take me up on that offer...

Last edited:
:frow

90% you have a roo there. The crest and spur buds make me think this. Do you have another roo?

I'm afraid the downside of keeping polish in a mixed flock is that they are picked on by other breeds.

Older more dominant males could be keeping him in his place and this is why he hasn't crowed yet.
You never know with polish though and I could be totally wrong and you have a pullet there. They are really difficult to sex untill they crow or lay an egg. I have been caught out with plenty in the past :/

Maybe you could make a house chicken out of him - he/she will really bloom away from bullies. Check out "people with house chickens"

Back
Top Bottom