I don't know what breeds I have (several pics)

I mean she doesn't look not like a wheaten ameraucana, I didn't think of that though, odd though that there would be a pretty rare breed mixed in with more common ones but I've seen weirder things happen! :D

The previous owner did tell me a bit about where she came from but sadly I was overwhelmed by all of the info about the whole place and I've forgotten. I should have written it all down. Sigh

The previous owner did tell me a bit about where she came from but sadly I was overwhelmed by all of the info about the whole place and I've forgotten. I should have written it all down. Sigh

Unfortunately the others tend to pick on her once in a while. She is super vocal always "beaking" about something and I have seen her go at them on occasion but mostly it's one of the others after her. It's awful, they pin her down and peck at her head. I hear her scream at them every once in a while. If it's looking bad I intervene. Maybe I'm not supposed to but I just can't watch that go on. She had long beautiful tail feathers until recently, but one by one they started to disappear and I'd find them around the coop. I never actually saw anyone pull them out, so I'm not too sure what happened there. I hope they will grow back?

For the most part they all seem pretty happy though. They spend their days outside scratching around, I do my best to keep the coop clean and they always have fresh water and daily veggies or other treats. The previous owner told us she would get a couple eggs every couple days, but almost immediately after we took over we started getting 2 a day, then 3 a day, then 4... Then 20 days in...surprise! Little blue egg. We got 5 a day for months, until summer hit and they started taking little vacations. That's ok. They deserve it...they've been working hard 😊
P_20191020_142440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom