I don't know what my TSC ducklings are..

Mama_Owl_3

Songster
Jun 26, 2019
Lawrenceville, Ga
Okay I have posted a few pictures of these darlings before on the duckling thread but now they are a little older and have more feathers coming in I would like to figure out what breed they are. I have looked at the sticky topic breeds section, but I am am so thoroughly confused and still so very new to being a duck mama. I purchased these beautiful babies from TSC on July 26th from a bin of assorted ducklings. I have no idea what kind of duck they are, I do know that at least two of them are female because they are a very vocal bunch and have no fear, they want to explore it all. The feathers that have come in are varying shades of fawn/brown with gray or white/cream on the back, one has some white feathers mixed in on the front. I have made sure to attach pictures.
2019-08-20 11.45.54.jpg 2019-08-20 11.46.00.jpg 2019-08-20 11.47.08.jpg 2019-08-20 11.53.18.jpg 2019-08-20 11.53.24.jpg 2019-08-20 13.30.41.jpg

Saxony! The darker chest and more of a bluish/gray will be a drake.
They are so cute! I know of 2 of the 4 babies are girls, they quack all the time. The other two are not quite there yet, they peep like crazy still, although I suspect I have a boy in the group. I was hoping for all girls, but I will have to wait and see for certain.

They are so cute! I know of 2 of the 4 babies are girls, they quack all the time. The other two are not quite there yet, they peep like crazy still, although I suspect I have a boy in the group. I was hoping for all girls, but I will have to wait and see for certain.
usually the girls mature before boys, the longer they peep the more likely they are boys. All my late voiced have been male.

Back
Top Bottom