I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Newchickymama37

Songster
Apr 19, 2018
South Carolina
Every time it rains I lose chickens! It never fails. Since starting to raise chickens in the spring I have lost over half of my flock. I’m not just talking about a few, I’ve lost 20 plus total! They will be perfectly fine one day, eating and drinking normally and dead the next day!
I am fed up with it! I feel like a loser! Today I lost my favorite chicken, my white ameraucana and my only colored egg layer!
I thought they had cocci once so I treated them with corid. I also wormed them once and I’m doing it again because I just don’t want to lose anymore and I don’t know what to do! I love raising chickens but I’m about to give up because I obviously suck at it!

I don't see how rain is killing your chickens.
You should send the dead ones off for a necropsy. Maybe there is an underline illness or disorder, I don't know. when you treated them for cocci. Did you do the full round of corid? Or just one dose? Because one dose doesn't help at all. Do your chickens have a place to escape the rain or do they just stand there drowning themselves in it?

... Since starting to raise chickens in the spring I have lost over half of my flock. I’m not just talking about a few, I’ve lost 20 plus total! They will be perfectly fine one day, eating and drinking normally and dead the next day.... I feel like a loser! Today I lost my favorite chicken, my white ameraucana and my only colored egg layer... I love raising chickens but I’m about to give up because I obviously suck at it!

Don' throw in the towel. Your experience is typical mostly because some of the big anti-meat and anti egg organizations obviously have people hired to spread malicious misinformation about chickens thus making it more likely that your hens will die and force you to give up keeping chickens. Hang in there and don't allow those Sons Of a Bosumate to win.

Back
Top Bottom