I don't know what to do!

sassy-red-heads

Hatching
Mar 12, 2021
I need help, I just hatched a chick this morning and it's not standing straight or moving much. it's been like that for the past 4 hours (i think) I just guessed that because the umbilical cord was still on it was still getting nutrients. I had to take the egg away from the hen since she started pushing him away and after I found it hatching some feet away, I had to take it and put it under the only warming lamp i have. I had another one hatched all the way already but it just died due to the injury it had from its mom pecking its head. I hope someone understands my problem and helps me out. thank you for your time.

I need help, I just hatched a chick this morning and it's not standing straight or moving much. it's been like that for the past 4 hours (i think) I just guessed that because the umbilical cord was still on it was still getting nutrients. I had to take the egg away from the hen since she started pushing him away and after I found it hatching some feet away, I had to take it and put it under the only warming lamp i have. I had another one hatched all the way already but it just died due to the injury it had from its mom pecking its head. I hope someone understands my problem and helps me out. thank you for your time.
the mom, is she a first time?

4 hours from hatch is still early...they could be resting. I would just keep an eye on them and keep them warm. And if the broody killed one of the chicks, I would keep them away. If there are more eggs and you have an incubator I'd set it up and put them in to finish hatching.

Back
Top Bottom