💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Blamo is my almost 3 year old GLW.
Today I noticed that she is acting very weird. She is standing up very tall (like straight up) and wattles around awkwardly. It was getting dark and so I didn't think of trying to see if she eats or drinks. She didn't get on the perch either. I will get pictures in the morning. Thanks.
Edited to add: I thought of egg bound already. She hasn't laid a single egg for almost 2 years!

Last edited:
Blamo is my almost 3 year old GLW.
Today I noticed that she is acting very weird. She is standing up very tall (like straight up) and wattles around awkwardly. It was getting dark and so I didn't think of trying to see if she eats or drinks. She didn't get on the perch either. I will get pictures in the morning. Thanks.
Edited to add: I thought of egg bound already. She hasn't laid a single egg for almost 2 years!
Can you get some photos of her?

I agree, if she hasn't laid in 2 years, then she's very likely suffering from a reproductive disorder.
I would still rule out being egg bound though. Even if she's not been actively laying eggs, there's always an off chance that production can start back up.
I would give her 1 Caltrate and IF she's not in distress, then a soaking in a warm epsom salts bath.
Dry her very well.

Can you feel her abdomen for any bloat or a feeling of fluid?

I went outside to shut in the chickens a couple minutes ago. It's much later that I usually do it. Blamo wasn't in the coop, and after a bit of searching I found her underneath it out of the rain. (It's going to snow tonight). She is very bloated and round underneath. It's not very squishy either. I stuck her in the coop and she just sits on the floor and doesn't perch anyone. :( Idk what to do with her.

Back
Top Bottom