I don't know what's wrong with Blamo

No, she wasn't wet because she was underneath the coop.
I put her in with her 3 "daughters".
Yes....I'm afraid that's going to have to happen. But I don't trust anybody to do it.....
Good, then I would leave her with the girls.

I'm very sorry that she's not doing well.
I can understand the worry of having someone put her down for you. It's not an easy thing to do.

If it is ascites as some are suggesting, as in her abdomen is bloated and full of liquid, I have found a good treatment option. My 7 year old hen has had ascites for 2 months and would’ve died a month and three weeks ago if it wasn’t for this treatment. It has prolonged 4 hens lives by months.

There is no measurements in this but mix
Apple cider vinegar
Cinnamon powder
Oregano
Small amount of water
- mix this well, give it once a day at 8 ml a day

Then I give 8 ml of Lily of the Desert Aloe Detox.

I have been giving this hen it everyday and she has absolutely no liquid in her abdomen. 2 months ago, she was about to burst due to all the liquid and it all went away.
Should I give this to her anyway? Will it hurt?

Fluid in the abdomen (Ascites) is a symptom. It can accompany reproductive issues (cancer, salpingitis, eyp, etc.) and/or be a symptom of organ failure/dsyfunction.

Supportive care measures like draining or offering detox can make the hen more comfortable for a short period of time, but they are not a cure.
It's hard to know what route to take when a hen is not doing well. Some do ok for a while after receiving supportive care, while others decline. Evaluating them daily would be in order to determine the quality of life they have.
There's no easy answers on this. Ultimately, a hen will eventually succumb to whatever underlying condition that is causing the fluid.

Should I give this to her anyway? Will it hurt?
I do agree with @Wyorp Rock, there is an underlying condition that will creep up and I know that, my four hens have passed(not the one I’m currently treating) but during the months of time we spent everyday was worth it. They were happy and didn’t live in pain until the condition crept up. I strongly recommend doing it for at least a week and a half to two weeks if you are feeling uncertain.

I do agree with @Wyorp Rock, there is an underlying condition that will creep up and I know that, my four hens have passed(not the one I’m currently treating) but during the months of time we spent everyday was worth it. They were happy and didn’t live in pain until the condition crept up. I strongly recommend doing it for at least a week and a half to two weeks if you are feeling uncertain.
Well said:hugs

1AA6A46A-73A6-4DB3-948C-99A95CA54C8E.jpeg
27F6DB47-D2AE-401A-918B-133FB43FE1E4.jpeg

I don’t know if this was mentioned yet but is she standing in a slanted position? Like her butt is close to the ground?

Also does she have messy, poopy feathers near her vent?

And have you given her the mix of stuff yet? I don’t know if anyone mentioned... you can drain her by using a syringe with a needle.

Back
Top Bottom