I Don't know why my roo does this?

m_shuman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Springfield, GA
He likes to sit on the BBQ on the back porch, stare at me through the window and crow until I give him a treat! Have Fun giving this photo a caption!

87976_100_2359.jpg

Ignorance is Bliss!

Last edited:
Great vantage point from which to watch his flock, if you make a pole with a short roost style board on top like a T just a few inches taller than the grill he will likely use that instead.... It is just a rooster thing
big_smile.png

Try a grill cover, that should be unsteady enough that he will find another perch. Also, moving it from the window might make it less desirable, right now he can demand your attention and see your response. Rather like my roo coming up to the back door (big window type door) and stand there with the hens looking in, demanding snacks. I'm hard of hearing, so I really don't hear them, and after while they get disgusted and poop elsewhere.

Quote:
He does have me well trained and I have him trained too. If I immitate the egg song he comes running for a treat. It worked well this morning when he was standing outside my friends car in the driveway. He hasn't gotten agressive with me or anyone else and I hope he dosen't because I kind of think he is cool. BTW he wasn't out to harm my friend he was just curious and when I called him to me he ignored her like he does whenever we are in the yard. I kind of like the intimidation factor that a rooster adds to the yard. Nothing like a guard rooster to keep people away.

Back
Top Bottom