I don't think my little girl is a little girl afterall :( Crowing???? Video attached...

I'm so horrible. When I get a batch of SR DP chicks and I see roos developing all I can think is:

droolin.gif
tongue2.gif
droolin.gif

What can I say I'm a carnivore :) I have out of my 18 buffs at least 5 for sure roos (pink pink pink combs at 3 weeks). All of them are going to be sunday dinner one day!!

Sooooo funny!! Thank you for the morning laugh! I'm right there with you, however. We simply are not allowed to have roosters where I live so if any of ours turn out to be roos I just don't know what I'll do. By the time we find out we will have already become attached to them.

Sooooo funny!! Thank you for the morning laugh! I'm right there with you, however. We simply are not allowed to have roosters where I live so if any of ours turn out to be roos I just don't know what I'll do. By the time we find out we will have already become attached to them.

That's my problem! ATTACHED
hugs.gif

Can you see a difference in a fertilized egg?  Do they taste any different?  So if I plan on collecting eggs both morning and night, I shouldn't have a problem with them being "incubated"?

Fertile

Unfertile
The difference is very small in looks. They taste exactly the same. The texture is exactly the same.

You do not need to collect morning and night unless the weather is over 100 degrees. I collect many times a day because it's fun :p

The way you tell if they are fertilized is by a bullseye seen on the yolk. You will see a much bigger difference in the taste between farm fresh eggs and store bought eggs though. :) And your rooster will not mate ALL of the hens. I have a few that have never laid a fertile egg because the rooster doesn't like them in that way :gig - For example.. my mutt McDonalds has never been mated. She is way too fast. She is a good layer though, and her eggs taste the same as all the other fertile eggs.

She's too small for my big roo, and too fast for my little rooster.

Last edited:
That has got to be the cutest thing i've ever heard sure did sound like crow and he's got the wild hair like my roo did my hens all had the cotton ball. I think you LuLu is a Louie

Fertile

Unfertile
The difference is very small in looks. They taste exactly the same. The texture is exactly the same.
You do not need to collect morning and night unless the weather is over 100 degrees. I collect many times a day because it's fun
tongue.png

The way you tell if they are fertilized is by a bullseye seen on the yolk. You will see a much bigger difference in the taste between farm fresh eggs and store bought eggs though.
smile.png
And your rooster will not mate ALL of the hens. I have a few that have never laid a fertile egg because the rooster doesn't like them in that way
gig.gif
- For example.. my mutt McDonalds has never been mated. She is way too fast. She is a good layer though, and her eggs taste the same as all the other fertile eggs.
She's too small for my big roo, and too fast for my little rooster.

I just gotta say...YOU ROCK! You are so informative! Thank you, thank you :)

Cool video. My rooster started crowing at 6-weeks and also sounded like a squeaky toy. He is now 26 weeks old all though he has gotten louder he still sounds like a squeaky toy. Every time i hear him i look to make sure one of the kids aint choking him.
ep.gif

Well Louie (and yes, I've given into the consensus that she is a he!) was crowing again this morning...I've decided I can't be upset, or sad about it anymore. He is absolutely adorable! And it's such a cute sound!!!

Back
Top Bottom