I don't understand...

With my coop set up, I think it'd be hard to install fans. šŸ¤”
Do you have pictures of your fan setup?

Do you have any ideas to help cool them off in the day?
I run two extension cords from the back porch out to the pens/coops where the power strips are located. There are fans in every coop and pen. I just took these pics for you :)
Here's a small coop with a small fan:

fans 001.JPG
The rest are box fans:
fans 002.JPG fans 003.JPG
fans 004.JPG fans 005.JPG
fans 007.JPG fans 008.JPG
fans 009.JPG

I run two extension cords from the back porch out to the pens/coops where the power strips are located. There are fans in every coop and pen. I just took these pics for you :)
Here's a small coop with a small fan:

View attachment 3608315
The rest are box fans:
View attachment 3608316View attachment 3608317
View attachment 3608318View attachment 3608319
View attachment 3608321View attachment 3608322
View attachment 3608323
Thanks for the pictures! I may try doing something like that.
Is it safe to leave them on while not home?

Thanks for the pictures! I may try doing something like that.
Is it safe to leave them on while not home?
I've left everything running when I've had to go to town for something if there's clear weather. We normally get afternoon storms and I shut off the power to the coops/pens from the back porch.
Besides, the rain cools things down and there's no need to run the fans, until the sun comes back out and then it's a steam bath.

I just use the one fan, since it is pretty powerful in my big coop, and a small fan in the little coop. I set them on timers to run the hottest times of the day, usually around 10 am to 10 pm, but that would vary with your temps. Occasionally there can be a power outage which means the timers have to be reset.

I just use the one fan, since it is pretty powerful in my big coop, and a small fan in the little coop. I set them on timers to run the hottest times of the day, usually around 10 am to 10 pm, but that would vary with your temps. Occasionally there can be a power outage which means the timers have to be reset.
Timers are a good idea. I guess I'm the timer for our fans :hmm If I had timers, I could get some extra sleep! šŸ˜“

Back
Top Bottom