I dont want your eggs they are nasty GRAPHIC Video LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes, yes, and YES!!!!! I can't count the number of times I have had to argue with a doctor about giving me or my kids an antibiotic! I will NOT take them or give them to my children unless they know for 100% sure there is a BACTERIAL infection we need them for. One of the hazards of being a military family and having to change doctors frequently. The scary part is, msot people will just take the doctors word for it and take the antibiotic.

agreed people shouldnt be such wimps, and they shouldnt always turn to pills granted some times people actually do need them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
If yours are normal, mine must be odd. Mine are together constantly.

I agree, the cages need to be larger, but the point of me posting the video was to show that not ALL places house their birds with so many birds in the cages. The birds in the video I posted are able to move around within the cage, do a complete circle, lie down comfortably.

Interesting you'd say the "best" light. That farm is like that at all times...and that's a normal production. The one I worked for, there was only 1 hen in each cage.

Seems to me that your issue lies with the caging...

Yep. Mostly. I am not totally against cages, but you will never convince me that chickens, given a choice, would cram themselves so tightly together all of the time. The video you posted looked like they were awful close together, too. Were the cages longer than they were wide? What sizes were the cages where you worked?

The cages where I worked were 1 ft. wide x 1.5 feet long x 1.5 feet high for hens.

Males had much larger cages which were 2 feet wide, 1.5 feet long and 2.5 feet high. The males were used for AI insemination. It was working on a vitiligo project with one of my professors.

Interesting...does me caging my birds for shows make me a bad person?

I made myself watch the first video. Somehow I made it through. And yes I
hit.gif
and I had to blow my nose a few times.

I don't understand, why no daylight? Isn't it better for them egg laying wise?

Thank you Ruth for posting the other video, it made me feel so much better.

For anyone that is fighting their town to keep chickens in their backyard should get that first video for, if anything, a DARN GOOD REASON for keeping them in your backyard. You never know - it just might make them "see".

Quote:
Yep. Mostly. I am not totally against cages, but you will never convince me that chickens, given a choice, would cram themselves so tightly together all of the time. The video you posted looked like they were awful close together, too. Were the cages longer than they were wide? What sizes were the cages where you worked?

The cages where I worked were 1 ft. wide x 1.5 feet long x 1.5 feet high for hens.

Males had much larger cages which were 2 feet wide, 1.5 feet long and 2.5 feet high. The males were used for AI insemination. It was working on a vitiligo project with one of my professors.

Interesting...does me caging my birds for shows make me a bad person?

I am sorry. I thought we were discussing the conditions commercial egg layers are kept in. I've already posted my opinion as you can see. You did quote it, afterall.

But if you truly want my opinion of you, personally......

If you were to cram 7 chickens in a cage, that would comfortably house just 1 chicken, and keep them there for their life span....... I would not recommend you for "Chicken Owner of the Year".

There, now. Good thing our opinions of each other do not matter, right?
big_smile.png

Let's not let this go bad, guys. Everyone is sharing their opinions and we need to keep it civil. I know I have been addressed and when I get home I will reply to them all. I'm on my phone at the moment so it is not easy to make long replies. Please keep it civil though, folks. Everyone is open to their opinion and though you may not like it, let's not get nasty. Thanks.

I am sure there are clean great biz out there but we all should also know the ugly side of it. I did not mean for this to be a argument .

Starry And Thanks to everyones input and links education is the key

this is one reason to fight local by-lays banning back yard flocks.

see if you can down load it and take it with you to a local town council meeting change those laws. allow us healthy eggs from healthy chickens

And to think, I keep the calculator running to be sure I have 4 square feet per chicken inside -- and mine have access to an outside run--and I felt bad for keeping my rooster in a large cage for a week of no chicken sex. Wow,
yippiechickie.gif
my chickens really are royally treated after looking at these pathetic things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom