I feel bad... :(

allanimals21

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
MN
So today within like 15 minutes one of my silkie chicks (a few months old) fell in the duck pool and drowned!
hit.gif
They were all out there and I went into the building and came back out and I saw it floating in the pool. I feel really bad!! I wish I could have prevented it!

I did the same thing...
sad.png
I got new silkies and didnt think about the kiddie pool. I even dug it into the ground for my duck, but I think it just made it easier for it to fall in. I pulled up the kiddie pool until the silkies and other chickens get a little bit bigger. i just figured my duck would not mind... I will just get him a girlfriend.
lol.png

There was 6 of them until today. This last week was the first week on their own. Momma decided to sit on anther nest. They are so flippin cute. They always seem so busy like something is always going on. They are some of my favs to watch run around the yard.

So Sorry!
hugs.gif
Hopefully she's in Silkie heaven right now.
smile.png

I lost a nice adult Splash Silkie that way many years ago, she managed to get up into a plastic half barrel (split lengthwise for me by a friend) and couldn't get out. Now all the water deep enough to hurt has bricks in it to give them a leg up, and we check all the water containers twice a day to make sure the level is high enough no one has to jump/fall in to drink. Plus when chicks are out there are pie pans of rocks & water. I hate learning that stuff the hard way =\\ Thank you for sharing, we can all use a reminder to check waters.

I've been there
hugs.gif
It is really hard to not feel responsible, but it is not your fault! Accidents happen and now you know.
hugs.gif

I lost a few babies that were out with their momma last summer
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom