I feel like I am in a nightmare-NEWS!!!!!! READ NEWEST UPDATE

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
Our post office does not have the baby chicks. And the tracking number no longer shows where the package is. I talked to consumer affairs and they are trying to find the chicks. Consumer affairs was promised that the chicks would be on a plane and arrive at St. Louis this morning. But no one can find them. I am waiting for a call back from consumer affairs here at St. Louis.

The chicks were shipped Tuesday and were 'accidentally' put on the wrong plane and ended up in Memphis, Tennessee yesterday. Consumer Affairs talked to FedEx (that is who usps uses for plane service/flights of express mail) and they promised that the chicks would be on a correct plane as of last night and would arrive here by this morning.

UPDATE No chicks. They are officially lost. No one at the postal service (usps) nor the consumer affairs office (who is in charge of express mail for usps) has any idea of where the chicks are. Memphis insists that the box of live chicks was put on a FedEx jet last night for arrival at St. Louis by this morning. The jet arrived at St. Louis (it was an hour late) but no one could find any chicks or a box of animals. It is not at any facility in St Louis at all. The consumer affairs office has went through their entire warehouse section for live animals and there is no box of chicks. The tracking number no longer works to find the or track the shipment. They have admitted the chicks are officially lost and no one has any clue of where they are or could be.

I feel so horrible. Those poor babies. They are going to die, if not already dead. It has me beyond upset. I am crying so hard for those poor little babies.

NEWEST UPDATE
GOT A CALL ABOUT 6:00 P.M. FROM A POST OFFICE IN ST LOUIS SAYING THEY HAD MY BOX OF BABIES! We headed out ( 60-65 miles each way) and got the babies. Only been home about half an hour. Everyone is alive, but two are 'iffy'. They have not drank, won't eat and just stand and wobble. I am hoping they come around. The other guys drank and drank and drank. I had ordered a pkg of the electrolytes to be sent with them and mixed it up right away in warm water and it is in there. Had that green gel stuff sent and mixed it, but they would not have a thing to do with it. Sprinkled some dry chick starter and they went after it like crazy. Mixed some of it with the water & electrolyte solution and also spread it around on cardboard and some newspaper.

I am saying a prayer of thanks that they were found (I mean that literally) and also saying a prayer for the two iffy ones. One is a buff brahma and one is standard size partridge cochin.

Everyone is under the nice warm red bulb heat lamp, that is at 98 degrees at the their level. And they do have a nice area they can go to if they get too warm.

Last edited:
So sorry the hear that! Poor little chicks.. and poor you!
hugs.gif

OH MY! Good luck to you.......These things do happen and you may need to have this order replaced.....

Hang in there and here's hoping for the best!

Sharon

Quote:
No. They (anyone at the postal service) are not allowed to. The usps has a rule that no water or food or anything is to be given. They tell you that the sender is in charge of makeing sure that enough food and water is supplied to last three days. If that is not enough or if it takes longer than the three days to arrive, then 'oh well, too bad'.

Im so sorry hope they get here soon and are safe and well. Some hatcheries put a grow gel block in the boxes. I hope that is the case with yours. I wont order chicks that are sent in the mail. Last year I did and it was too hot. I ordered 10 9 was doa and the last died 2 days later. The post office is not real good about chicks.

Sorry to hear that. I've had chicks delivered in the summer and they all made it just fine or weak from no food. When you lose half of the chicks, it's horrible and most hatcheries are good about shipping chicks in the right temps.

FedEx is who flies all express mail for the post office. Post office/postal service takes it to major air port and it is put on FedEx jet. Fedex delivers it to the closest major air port for where the express is going (for me it would air port at St. Louis). Once at the air port, post office picks it up and proceeds to handle it from there. Goes through their hubs and on out the appropriate town's post office.

Since it was put on a FedEx jet at Memphis last night that was doing the flight and delivery to St. Louis, I even tried calling FedEx to see if there is any way they could find it. There is documentation that it was put on a FedEx jet at Memphis last night for arrival to St. Louis. St. Louis has documentation of that jet arriving at St. Louis. But no box of chicks was delivered to St. Louis.

FedEx was of no help at all. As a matter of fact I swear that the person I spoke with at FedEx could not have been any more dumb or stupid. I am not kidding when I say that. I could not believe the entire conversation. It was as if we were speaking in foreign languages, one that she had no clue of what was being said.

Back
Top Bottom