I feel like POO!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AK_Button_Mama, Jan 12, 2009.

1. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Man I had one loanly little button egg in my incubator I had to move the bator because I have to much on the curcuit and it was blowing the breaker.... so I get the incubator upstairs to where I was going to keep it... and I open it the one little egg fell out of the carton I had it in and broken open... [​IMG]

poor little baby button was growing too.....he started to kick and I want to cry......I feel like poop!!! what a horrible person I am to try to move that while I got a baby in it!

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I AM SO SORRY!!! BUT IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!! <---capital to get my point across

we all make mistakes....i have done a lot worse [​IMG]

*big hugs again*

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I am so sorry that happened! [​IMG]

But you are NOT a horrible person! These things happen, and we have to learn from them. You are not horrible for having an accident. [​IMG]

5. futurefarmer08

futurefarmer08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    near Sac. Ca
    [​IMG] What a sad day. I would feel the same. But accidents do happen! Even if it was in a natural setting! Sorry to hear about your loss:hugs

6. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    thanks guys, I really didnt think that the thing was going to grow.. I have had such temp swings in that incubator since I set that loanly egg.. the thermometer said it was 138 at one point (I dont think it was really that hot in there) the air was leaking out the side of the cheapo foam sheet one I built so I took my cheap foam sheet incubator apart and held that little egg gently in my hand while my hubby put the guts from the old one into the new one..... (a nice worm box from wally world) waited while it warmed up and gently put the egg back when the temp was stabled out. maybe that is why I feel so bad I kinda babies that little egg...

7. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] You were trying to do the right thing for the chick!! Accidents happen!! you will have more opportunites in the future!! [​IMG]

Cindy

8. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Awwwww [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

We all make mistakes, live and learn !!!!

More huggies [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by