*I feel soooo bad!!!*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tripp16, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok so I put my littlest baby out with the 2 month olds today in a seperate pen so they can see eachother but not peck or "fight". Tonight I went out and she was crying in the seperate pen being all alone I cant bring her back inside because my brooder is already put up. (thinking she would be fine alone since she grew up alone) as soon as she heard me she started peeping like crazy! [​IMG]

So I put the little baby in with the 2 month olds on the same roost, Im hoping tomorrow when they wake up they will be a little nicer..... [​IMG]

As I walked away I could here her crying for me! It killed me to leave her out there all alone! [​IMG]

Should I go get her and put her in something to sleep in?? Will the bigger chicks hurt her? There is two baby roosters but they havent taken the "manly" role yet.... [​IMG]

Adive, tips??? [​IMG]

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd feel easier if I kept her separate as she probably can't defend herself. Tomorrow you could give them treats together while you're with them and then separate her while you're not right there. I would do that for a few days and then put her on the roost. I don't have a lot of experience so somebody may have some better advice to give.

3. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Ok kinda confirming what Im thinking, thanks!! [​IMG]

4. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    give her something to hide in so she feels secure [​IMG] i hope all goes well!i also doubt shed be disapointed if you threw her some veggies.....

5. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

How old is your littlest one? If there is a big age difference and size difference, I wouldn't count on the older ones being nicer. The little one by growing up alone has no experience with dealing with other chickens.

6. chicken grandma

chicken grandma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    west michigan
    Definitely do not put them together until they are about the same size. You can keep your little one inside at night with you ( she can sleep in a cat carrier or a small crate) and in the day keep her out in a separate cage until she is the same size as the others. Sometimes that is 14 weeks old. But it is worthwhile to do things safely! God bless!

7. LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2011
    Sounds like your chick is lonely without you! If it was me, I'd have her snuggled in a towel next to me at the computer [​IMG]

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok! Thanks everyone!! Going to get my baby right now!! She only a month old!!! [​IMG]

9. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

When I got my laced wyandottes, I put them in with my other chicks right away. HOWEVER, I took a peice of plastic chick fence and stapled it in the corner so they were in the same coop, but seperated by the poultry fence. I left it like that for 4 days. Now they are bigger than the originals. LOL.

10. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Well these are all the same breed so they will all be the same size they just have had a head start.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by