I finally built my coop thanks to all of you! LOTS of Pics!

GREAT JOB! Super cute coop and run! My husband would kill me for telling you this, but you should enter in the coop contest! My DH wants us to win....but I give credit where credit is due! WONDERFUL!

What a great-looking coop and run! I love the feeder -- I will have to keep this for future reference. Thanks for sharing up-close details.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your kind words about my coop! I'll take some more detailed pictures tomorrow of the feeder and the way the coop opens to clean it and post them. Thanks for the tip on entering the coop contest too - I think I'm going to enter.

The feeder is made with PVC piping and I used a "door knob" drill bit to cut the 2" holes. It's perfect for the girls to peek in and grab some feed without spilling any. I can't take credit for the idea though... someone brilliant came up with the idea and posted it in this forum and I copied the idea from them!

Quote:
Hi another question on your feeder. What size PVC did you use? It looks like 3 inch maybe? Also how long did you make it? We are getting very percise now. lol

I need longer but my concern is that the feed would not flow too much further than what you have. Which Looks like a foot. Correct me on these measurments please.
Since I want about twice that much, I am thinking of going with the same concept, except making it a U shape with a feed spout on both ends, this would give me an even flow. Since you have made one, does this seem feasible?

Dilly and thank you in advance.

Great job taking responsibility for your kids easter gifts! So many easter chicks get bad placements or end up in a dumpster! YOur coop looks AWESOME! I LOVE IT! Especially the feeder! I wish I would have seen that before I bought tons of feeders! Good luck with your egg production and enjoy your flock!
frow.gif

Eggselent! I love the feeder, I have surfed here for weeks and did not see that one. I too realized that changing the feeder changed the amount of wasted feed after a while!

Thanks for posting, now do you have pictures of your chicks somewhere?

And I agree, good job taking care of "Easter Chicks". In addition, how many do you have and what variety?

Back
Top Bottom