I finally did it!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by bloom chicks, Jan 8, 2012.

1. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    I told you guys about the hawk that flew in my coop and took my baby on Monday while I was sitting in the coop right next to the babies. Here is the black curtain I made for the front door. Here it is!

[​IMG]

and here is the back of the coop!

[​IMG]

2. ChickChickChicky

ChickChickChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2011
    Greater Kansas City, MO
    What are the concrete blocks for in the 2nd picture?

3. bloom chicks

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    So the girls have a step up to the nests and the small one for me to sit on while I watch my little one play. [​IMG]

4. bloom chicks

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    [​IMG]
    Quote:When I sit on the shavings they stick to me. [​IMG]

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I have something similar. It is a rubber mat.My dh gets these through work sometimes when a load is taken out they get tossed in the garbage. It is a great screen.Better than the tarp I had up.The girls just go under it.

I like your coop.I have an old metal shed,but I like your big bright one way better.Going to have to check out your pictures more.

What is the pet carrier for? Another nest box? I had one inside for my RSL hen who would poop up the nest box.But the space was to small,so I just close the enst box in the afternoon.

Boo hoo you have no more pictures posted on BYC!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  6. bloom chicks

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    Quote:I had to email the pictures to myself from my phone to get the site to except them. The ones I took on my camera I guess are too large. I will take more pictures. The dog cage is where the mama and babies are staying right now. The reason for the black curtain was that I was sitting in my coop (12x24) with the babies toward the back and a hawk flew in a grabbed one of the babies with me sitting right next to the babies! I never thought a hawk would have come in. The door was open so that the other girls could come in and lay their eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by