I Finally Got My First Egg!!! Who Did It???

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
About 2 weeks ago I blowed and glued some eggs to make fake eggs and put in my pen for the chickens and ducks. Well one of the fake eggs dissapeared and I search and searched for it. No egg. Yesterday I saw a white dirty egg sitting at the spot where the ducks like to lay around,
bun.gif
YAY A EGG! No lieing right when I picked it up all the ducks started quacking as loud as they could as if laughing
somad.gif
fake egg, I was so close to throwing the egg at the nearest duck LOL

WELL! TODAY I GOT MY FIRST EGG FINALLY!!!!!!
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
Guess I dont gotta squeeze any duck butts after all.

BUT

Who laid it??? its green! and the only ones I got in the pen that I know lay green eggs are my cayugas and their only about 2 1/2 3 months old

Heres a list of everything I have in the pen.
Cayuga (3 months)
Pekins
Magpies
Swedish
Chocolate runners (3 months)
Mallards/Rouen

Brahmas
Rosecombs
Cornish

32404_101_1913.jpg

Also.. Can I incubate it?? How many people has hatched from their first egg??

Quote:
lau.gif

Gotta love that duck humor!

We got our first chicken egg yesterday, and I'd love to know who laid it. Just before it happened, they were all up in the coop making a lot of noise. They don't normally hang out there - they stay in their pen below. We didn't think to look who was in the nest box. We just figured they were having a party or something!

Now we're wondering if the others weren't cheering the egg-layer on!

I'm thinking we could probably figure out who it was by checking their vents, but I'd rather let the girls keep their mystery.
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif

Gotta love that duck humor!

We got our first chicken egg yesterday, and I'd love to know who laid it. Just before it happened, they were all up in the coop making a lot of noise. They don't normally hang out there - they stay in their pen below. We didn't think to look who was in the nest box. We just figured they were having a party or something!

Now we're wondering if the others weren't cheering the egg-layer on!

I'm thinking we could probably figure out who it was by checking their vents, but I'd rather let the girls keep their mystery.
smile.png

LOL yeah I think id rather not know who did it either if I'd have to go around lifting up duck/chicken skirts all day long (40+ ducks)

I've read on here before----put lipstick on their butts and as the egg comes out there will be lipstick on it. Just don't use it on yourself if you use it on the ducks.
wink.png

Have you seen any mating going on?? My little cayuga went broody but none of the eggs were fertile.
sad.png
I have a drake but I only see him mate with one duck only. I would go ahead and bator it because you can candle it later.
Good luck

Henry'schickens :

I've read on here before----put lipstick on their butts and as the egg comes out there will be lipstick on it. Just don't use it on yourself if you use it on the ducks.
wink.png

Have you seen any mating going on?? My little cayuga went broody but none of the eggs were fertile.
sad.png
I have a drake but I only see him mate with one duck only. I would go ahead and bator it because you can candle it later.
Good luck

L O L ! ! ! ! !

Yeah id rather just not know who did it
lau.gif

and Yeah ive seen my magpies go at it but wouldnt magpies lay white eggs?
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom