I found a baby mouse.

Oh, he's pretty grown up there from what I imagined. I bet he is scared since it is a wild mouse and hasn't lived the pet store life where he's handed by workers all the time. If it doesn't want to eat the wheat, maybe try some unhealthy goodie like cheese :p. Mine loved that.

Or, you could try some cracked corn. I bet he'll nibble and eat some when you aren't looking.
smile.png

Ok I see the problem. He's an adult mouse and he's scared to death!
lau.gif
I've caught mice to save them from my cats and they WILL NOT eat when they're scared. Just take him outside, far away from your house of course and let him go. He won't make a good pet.

they eat chicken food. chick start,rabbit pellets,chick grow,

any chicken food or rabbit food will be good for it to eat

and for it to drink put a bowl of water if in doesn't dring then you should put a rabbit
waterer

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you located? It looks like a Northern Pygmy Mouse (they are not just in the north though). Pygmy mice are TINY. That's all I can tell you. If you found it by itself and it has it's eyes open and has fur then it's old enough to feed itself. I'd let it go.

Last edited:
The fleas on mice and rats are what caused the plague many years ago.
That mouse will go off and procreate *huge* numbers of more vermin, whether you make it a 'pet' or not. Those vermin in turn, will invade someones feed bin or home, and possibly carry a tick with lyme disease with it.
If you want to keep it as a pet, make sure it's in a good sized fish tank that it can't get out of. Feed it cereals, breads, pretty much anything *you* eat, and a clean supply of water and it'll do well. As for it being that young, I unfortunately don't know what they can or cannot eat...sorry.

Back
Top Bottom