I found a 'free to good home' add today online and I'm so excited! - NEW PICS!

MmmM popcorn! It has been that warm here I don't have much of an appetite!

It was about 106*F (or 41*C in my world) in the house at 8pm last night. Yuk!!!! Today it's a lot nicer at only 93*F... but still warm for the animals outside. Finally the blistering sun has gone behind some clouds... so hopefully we will only get cooler from here on it!

I think I'll pick up my new geese tomorrow or Tuesday night. Need my hubby and his ute so I'll have to be nice to him so I can convince him to do it after work!

Time for me to take a stroll outside to check on all the critters!

Well did you get them?

I'm getting them tomorrow evening
wee.gif

I've booked in a time and everything! A few things just got in the way over the last couple of days and we haven't been able to find the time! (I finally found myself 2 new turkeys and I also got 3 new chickens as well!
lol.png
). So the poor geese have had to wait!

I'll be sure to post up pics as soon as I can! It might be dark by the time I get them home tomorrow evening so I'll see how I go!

I'm getting them tomorrow evening
wee.gif

I've booked in a time and everything! A few things just got in the way over the last couple of days and we haven't been able to find the time! (I finally found myself 2 new turkeys and I also got 3 new chickens as well!
lol.png
). So the poor geese have had to wait!

I'll be sure to post up pics as soon as I can! It might be dark by the time I get them home tomorrow evening so I'll see how I go!

I know your excited.. will be waiting for pics..
pop.gif

Ok I finally got my new geese! and what BEAUTIFUL creatures they are! Lucky they are being called beautiful after the run around they have given me this evening. lol! They are refusing to go to bed and have decided that they want to sleep under the stars out on the dam
roll.png

Here are the MUCH awaited pictures!

Abby

Ollie

A local person who breeds a lot of geese said that they look like Pilgrims. Ollie has blue eyes and Abby has brown eyes (that is what she told me to look for).

This is what she said.....

They look like pilgrim geese. If they breed true (all the boys are always completely white with blue eyes, and all the girls are always full grey with brown eyes) they are as close to pure as you might get in Australia. If they breed slightly different (patches on the girls etc) but all the boy babies are pale and all the girl babies start off dark, then they are still autosexing and can be considered settlers geese which is the Australian version.

They are beautiful and I also love their names.. I hope you don't have predators where you live I would be worried sick if i couldn't get my flock to bed at night.. Thanks for sharing pics, I know you'll enjoy them..

Ok I finally got my new geese! and what BEAUTIFUL creatures they are! Lucky they are being called beautiful after the run around they have given me this evening. lol! They are refusing to go to bed and have decided that they want to sleep under the stars out on the dam
roll.png

Here are the MUCH awaited pictures!

Abby

Ollie

A local person who breeds a lot of geese said that they look like Pilgrims. Ollie has blue eyes and Abby has brown eyes (that is what she told me to look for).

This is what she said.....

They look like pilgrim geese. If they breed true (all the boys are always completely white with blue eyes, and all the girls are always full grey with brown eyes) they are as close to pure as you might get in Australia. If they breed slightly different (patches on the girls etc) but all the boy babies are pale and all the girl babies start off dark, then they are still autosexing and can be considered settlers geese which is the Australian version.

Back
Top Bottom