I found a neglected bunny on the side of the road! Help!

I raise rabbits...Timothy hay is best...no iceberg lettuce..dark leafy greens..kale is best..if you’re worried he’s not drinking, you can wet his kale or greens and he’ll get water that way...no heat lamp is right...rabbits don’t do well in the heat. Make sure he eats a ton of hay. Rabbits are prone to digestive issues and hay makes the bowels move best. So always have hay for him in the cage..if you can. Some of my rabbits prefer a water bowl to the bottle...so you can give the bowl a try first..hey..it’s cheaper...lol. Pellets need to have at least 16% protein...18% would be better but is sometimes wayyy overpriced...so weigh the options. If he stops being interactive and is still too much with a bloated belly ..or has a gel like substance instead of regular stool...write on here right away and I can help, and in the mean time give him a small dose of simethicone drops for gas and a tummy rub. Other than that it sounds like you.have a new buddy and just enjoy him!!
As for his ears...are they red and scabby inside? If so that’s ear mites..go buy VetRx..it’s about $7. It’s so easy..use use a q tip to put a drop in and gently dab on daily..it works like a charm

Sadly, he passed away today. This morning I got him pellet feed and peanut hay but he didn't want to eat, and when I came home he was dead. Thank you all for your great advice and support. I'm just glad that this rabbit died safe and warm, and not lonely on the side of the road.
Oh...I didn’t read this part before my info..I’m so sorry...you could donate your opened feed back to the feed store to give to a loyal customer or give to your friend...

Back
Top Bottom